Ammo and the good ole days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinray649

Marksman
Reaction score
Well I had a nice surprise at least for me. I was going through my ammo collection taking a count of what I had and what I needed to resupply. When I was looking I happened on 2 marine dry boxes full of 9mm and .357 mag. Don't even remember when I got it. Well I opened the first dry box and what do my eyes behold. Well it was 18 boxes of 9mm Speer 124gr Gold Dots. I opened them up and they looked just beautiful. Then I looked at the end of the box and it still had the tag, $13.95 a box of 50. Well my heart was starting to push my chest device a bit after that. Then I looked at the other dry box and to my surprise I find 16 boxes of PMC .357 mag 158 gr JSP. I quickly look at the end of the box and it says, $8.50. All brass cases. Kinda like having Christmas in August. Now I am looking for any unmarked dry boxes to see if I can uncover any thing else. I guess I can now say that I do remember the good ole days.:hyper:

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a similar find a few weeks ago. I found 20 boxes of UMC 147g .308 I had purchased about 9 years ago from Sports Unlimited near crossroads mall in Oklahoma City. I had packed them in an ammo box and completely forgotten about them.

This will make everyone sick. The price on the boxes was $3.99 for 20 rounds.

AHHHHHHH....the good ole' days! :cry11:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the safe looking around the other day and found several bulk packs of 22lr with a $8 and change price sticker on them. Went out this weekend with Sweetie and shot a bunch of it. Had maybe on average one fail to ignite per 100 or so. I'm guessing it's probably around 20+ years old.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I had to do it.

ai479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_Cheap22lr_a.jpg

Makes you want to cry doesn't. Why didn't I buy a truckload of this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom