Ammo in gas stations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother has recently taken over a gas station/ convenience store on Lake eufaula. The closest "store" is dollar general over 15 miles away, and the nearest walmart/hardware store is over 20 miles away. The store my mother is running sells some staple items like some groceries, diapers, tools, hardware, motor/marine oils and batteries, plumbing and electrical, even a little lumber. Just a little bit of it all to support the community and not just the summer/weekend warriors. My question is does she need to hold a licence to carry and sell ammo? I figure .22 would be a good seller year round, and a couple boxes of 243,270,308,30-06, and 30-30 for hunting season.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey cal, where is the store located exactly? By the directions you give it sounds like somewhere around the Westport/Bridgeport area.

Yes, if she is going to do retail sales of ammunition she will need an FFL. I suggest she contact the ATF for more information.
It's in Porum landing, way out on Texanna rd.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
Yeah, I figured it was north of the city of Eufaula. My folks and sister and BIL live in Southport. I have a place there too.

I said she would need an FFL because a lot of wholesalers get real skiddish selling multiple case lots of ammo to people without one nowadays. SGammo out of Stillwater might be a good place to start.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to buy it at hardware store, grocery stores, gas stations and even a hamburger joint.
Me to as a young kid. 47cents for a box of 50 at the hardware store. They didn't sell guns, but ammo was always on the shelf. I'm not talking bulk purchases from distributors, it would probably be 1 brick at a time situation.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Merging another thread, but never did my mother do the wash that at lease a couple of 22 shells would be found in the bottom of the washer.
Live ammo that didn't require evacuation orders for the area.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our piedmont hardware store still keeps some garden variety calibers year round. 30-06, .308, 9mm, etc
Thank goodness for now anyway, your mom for the most part can do what she wants in this regard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom