Ammo in stock or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scrounging for ammo has become part of my daily routine. I'm on here daily looking for good deals. Walmart, Academy, and Bass Pro at least once a week. Check AmmoSeek, GunDeals, and a couple more most days. While most calibers have become more available. Getting a good deal on any of it is still a challenge. Just not going to pay .60 a round for 5.56, not going to pay .42 a round for 9mm, and absoutely not going to pay $2.00+ a round for 6.5mm. Yep, reloading will be in my future.

Dbltap99

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Virginia, things aren't much better. I search often and have several alerts that come in each day. Prices are just too high to buy, plus shipping plus a hazardous fee, etc., etc. And then, no guarantee you will get it before it gets stolen en route to you. Reloading isn't much better. I can't find primers anywhere for less than $83 per 1000. Powder and bullets are ok to find, and prices are slightly higher, but reasonable I suppose. Just no damn primers anywhere.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Virginia, things aren't much better. I search often and have several alerts that come in each day. Prices are just too high to buy, plus shipping plus a hazardous fee, etc., etc. And then, no guarantee you will get it before it gets stolen en route to you. Reloading isn't much better. I can't find primers anywhere for less than $83 per 1000. Powder and bullets are ok to find, and prices are slightly higher, but reasonable I suppose. Just no damn primers anywhere.
Used to live in Virginia. Find a place called Greentop and get there. Huge selection been there for at least 50yrs that I know of. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good - seeing lots of 9mm, 5.56, 308, 7.62.

The bad - hunting rounds like 243, 270, 30-06, 30-30 & 300 win mag etc still MIA.

Wonder when hunting round production will catch up?
I saw 270, 30-06, 270, and 300 win mag at multiple places over the past few days. 243, good luck.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking the Russian ammo has been banned by the current administration? True or false?
The Russians will just circumvent any pathetically stupid and worthless edicts from the current administration by selling their products under a different name through another country.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To those who think it's too high priced, ask yourself if you see it coming down anytime soon. Ole phrase of get while the gettins good applies here.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was in the Shawnee Atwoods store a few weeks ago and there was very little ammo locked up in a case.

Stopped in there yesterday with a couple of shooting buddies and it was stocked up like the old days again.

I was shocked. Of course prices were still a little steep though.

Dbltap99

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to live in Virginia. Find a place called Greentop and get there. Huge selection been there for at least 50yrs that I know of. You won't be disappointed.
Yeah, they are up the Richmond way. Have friends from our club that travel up there to pick up stuff. Keep my eyes and ears open for anything that is good and they relay info when they find things. Don't expect prices will drop too much, but some are just asking ridiculous prices. Don't expect to see the $15.99/box for 38/357 or $12.99/box for 9mm any time ever again. But $35 for a box of 9mm or $56 for 38/357 is just ridiculous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom