Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Johnson

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS made AMERICA GREAT
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Remember the good ole days when you could buy and sell openly on FB. Some of the comments then was just down right nasty mean. But as a sworn defender of our constitution, I always took those comments is stride because I believe our right to free speech is greater than than anyones feelings. Sure I got annoyed by individuals that trolled ads just to post smartass comments, but when they weren't directed at me they were usually funny as hell....I miss the good ole days..we are becoming too woke people! Maybe we need a flag button like A...list, I used to love to flag stuff as overpriced.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember the good ole days when you could buy and sell openly on FB. Some of the comments then was just down right nasty mean. But as a sworn defender of our constitution, I always took those comments is stride because I believe our right to free speech is greater than than anyones feelings. Sure I got annoyed by individuals that trolled ads just to post smartass comments, but when they weren't directed at me they were usually funny as hell....I miss the good ole days..we are becoming too woke people! Maybe we need a flag button like A...list, I used to love to flag stuff as overpriced.

FB, Okshooters, etc...are privately owned businesses. The owners get to make the rules, it has zero to do with freedom of speech.

If some cryin', whinin' member doesn't like the prices asked, I like to see the comments, it's funny as hell. Most would say they're for freedom and open markets - until they see what that means to their ammo.

High prices during these times actually ensure availability of ammo. If someone posts cases of ammo at 2019 prices, you can bet it'll all be gone in a flash.

Would that be better than paying more and actually getting to shoot?

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FB, Okshooters, etc...are privately owned businesses. The owners get to make the rules, it has zero to do with freedom of speech.

If some cryin', whinin' member doesn't like the prices asked, I like to see the comments, it's funny as hell. Most would say they're for freedom and open markets - until they see what that means to their ammo.

High prices during these times actually ensure availability of ammo. If someone posts cases of ammo at 2019 prices, you can bet it'll all be gone in a flash.

Would that be better than paying more and actually getting to shoot?
I don't think very many here speak Austrian. A few speak Keynesian.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When a person advertises at gouging prices, they need to be called out and shamed.
Dennis what’s a gouging price, give me an example? I have 9 mill I’ve pads 16 cents for and some Ive paid 40 cents for, todays price is in the .33 range for steel and .38 for brass (plus freight usually so thats adds a penny or two) I mean I’d likely sell Speer Lawman at a premium vs the rang bucket ammo, thats if I were inclined to sell at all. I dont have a problem with ammo selling like gold , Amex doesn’t give you a discount because the price was lower last week why should ammo seller be any different? When demand drops then prices will drop (provided supply doesn’t drop at an equal rate)

Last edited:

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don’t agree with the price, don’t buy it. Supply and demand. If no one buys it, the price will come down. If I own something, and I wish to sell it, how much I ask for it ain’t nobody else’s buisness. If I ask more than the next guy, go buy his. Mine may be different in some aspect, regardless though, unless your putting cash on the table, you ain’t involved in the process, otherwise known as negotiation. Untill then, mind your own buisness.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think very many here speak Austrian. A few speak Keynesian.
Isn't that the damn truth? All the big talk about freedom suddenly ends when the demand drives up prices. Then it's "somebody needs to do something"... This is one of the most frustrating conversations I see on gun forums.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don’t agree with the price, don’t buy it. Supply and demand. If no one buys it, the price will come down. If I own something, and I wish to sell it, how much I ask for it ain’t nobody else’s buisness. If I ask more than the next guy, go buy his. Mine may be different in some aspect, regardless though, unless your putting cash on the table, you ain’t involved in the process, otherwise known as negotiation. Untill then, mind your own buisness.
Makin sense around here??
GOBBLESS BORTHER!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom