Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laughing my ass off at gouging complaints. People are willing to pay the stupid tax and buy at a premium. There's an Aero lower in the classifieds that is selling for about 40 bucks more than a quick search and the first result found online (and yes they are in stock). The only bad part about "gouging" is that people are taking advantage of others from our own community.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Laughing my ass off at gouging complaints. People are willing to pay the stupid tax and buy at a premium. There's an Aero lower in the classifieds that is selling for about 40 bucks more than a quick search and the first result found online (and yes they are in stock). The only bad part about "gouging" is that people are taking advantage of others from our own community.
Nobody is forcing them to buy anything. It's freedom of choice.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No it's not. People are hoarding and reselling after creating an artificial shortage.
And how does that take away someone's freedom to buy or not buy what these "hoarders" (at least you didn't say "neckbeards") are selling? Every single day I choose to pay a price for something or not pay the price. No one has taken away my freedom to buy or not buy. My choice to not buy creates an opportunity for someone else to buy that item.

Not only that but there's no verifiable evidence of this claim that a certain segment is "hoarding" ammo. I have no doubt it occurs but I have serious doubts it occurs to an extent great enough to affect pricing over the long term. On the other hand, there is verifiable and measurable evidence that millions of new shooters are creating a greater demand for ammo, certain political factors drive increased ammo sales, raw material shortages create ammunition shortages, and other factors create shortages as well.

The same scenario is occurring in the housing market. Increased demand in certain areas drives housing prices sky high. It isn't because "neckbeards and hoarders" are out there buying up houses to resell. Pickup prices are up because of shortages. It happens in various markets with all sorts of products.

ALL. THE. TIME.

Latest posts

Top Bottom