Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And how does that take away someone's freedom to buy or not buy what these "hoarders" (at least you didn't say "neckbeards") are selling? Every single day I choose to pay a price for something or not pay the price. No one has taken away my freedom to buy or not buy. My choice to not buy creates an opportunity for someone else to buy that item.

Not only that but there's no verifiable evidence of this claim that a certain segment is "hoarding" ammo. I have no doubt it occurs but I have serious doubts it occurs to an extent great enough to affect pricing over the long term. On the other hand, there is verifiable and measurable evidence that millions of new shooters are creating a greater demand for ammo, certain political factors drive increased ammo sales, raw material shortages create ammunition shortages, and other factors create shortages as well.

The same scenario is occurring in the housing market. Increased demand in certain areas drives housing prices sky high. It isn't because "neckbeards and hoarders" are out there buying up houses to resell. Pickup prices are up because of shortages. It happens in various markets with all sorts of products.

ALL. THE. TIME.
Your right about factory shortages. I'm right about neckbeards clearing shelves of ammo to resell at inflated prices, like it or not, it's happening and has happened in the past.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your right about factory shortages. I'm right about neckbeards clearing shelves of ammo to resell at inflated prices, like it or not, it's happening and has happened in the past.

Still is, some. I don't think it's as bad as it was in the not to distant past.

I've seen tables at gunshows stacked high with ammo, and that was all they were selling, and they didn't know anything about the ammo, guns or anything else firearm related.

I can't imagine where they found the time, but their job was buying ammo retail and selling it on the 2nd hand market at inflated prices. I suspect that's the only job these folks had from the look of them.

I have some problems with that. Personally, I hope they have to wind up eating the stuff. It is what it is though. That's their business model, and it's a free country. My real issue is with those that purchase from them. If the buyers would just stop buying, it would fix itself in about 2 weeks.

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of suppliers have taken steps to curtail that. Midway sets cutoffs at 1 or 2 boxes of primers and trickles supply out at random times. I have gotten quite a few by checking in with them from time to time. It is far from ideal, but useful for avoiding the hoarders.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some problems with that. Personally, I hope they have to wind up eating the stuff. It is what it is though. That's their business model, and it's a free country. My real issue is with those that purchase from them. If the buyers would just stop buying, it would fix itself in about 2 weeks.

If somebody else would just change their behavior, y'all would be happy and ammo prices would go down.

How inconsiderate of the jerks to make a profit. How shortsighted these buyers are, trying to stock up at any cost, in case there becomes zero availability.

We need some AOC-inspired economics in the gun world.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If somebody else would just change their behavior, y'all would be happy and ammo prices would go down.

How inconsiderate of the jerks to make a profit. How shortsighted these buyers are, trying to stock up at any cost, in case there becomes zero availability.

We need some AOC-inspired economics in the gun world.

Well, **** me, I didn't know it wasn't okay to hope certain business models fail. I also wasn't aware it wasn't okay to inform the uninformed about certain things, especially when something was a pretty good deal and even more so when they were getting a ****ing.

Son of a *****. The things ya learn.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, **** me, I didn't know it wasn't okay to hope certain business models fail. I also wasn't aware it wasn't okay to inform the uninformed about certain things, especially when something was a pretty good deal and even more so when they were getting a ****ing.

Son of a *****. The things ya learn.

Do what ya want - free country, choices, etc....

Would you apply your same economic principles to the current housing market?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do what ya want - free country, choices, etc....

Would you apply your same economic principles to the current housing market?

You can apply it to what ever market you want.

If you're asking if I think it's okay for Blackrock/Blackstone et al to be buying up all the starter and affordable homes, sure I'm okay with it. If that's their business model, that's their business model. It's also okay for me to hope they they wind up upside down on every ****ing one of them and they go bankrupt and fade into history as just another ****** company with a ****** business model. Both are equally acceptable to me.

Because you can does not equal you should to me. Obviously your opinion is different. You're entitled to your opinion.

Now, are you asking me if I think the government should be involved in any of that; No, I do not. If people will stop doing business with folks like that, it will work itself out, and it will do it without government intervention. If you think that is what I'd like, I'll hang around and wait for you to show me where I said that should happen. It's cool. I'm not that busy this morning, I'll wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom