Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now, are you asking me if I think the government should be involved in any of that; No, I do not. If people will stop doing business with folks like that, it will work itself out, and it will do it without government intervention. If you think that is what I'd like, I'll hang around and wait for you to show me where I said that should happen. It's cool. I'm not that busy this morning, I'll wait.

And I don't believe I accused you of that. But, drama away - it is entertaining.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I don't believe I accused you of that. But, drama away - it is entertaining.

I believe you are instinctually dishonest.

That isn't drama. It's my opinion. Just like hoping certain business models fail.

It is only today that I learned I wasn't entitled to my opinion, and having my opinion about free markets made me an AOC disciple. You asked about applying my economic principles when I didn't state any economic principles. I just proffered an opinion on doing business with certain businesses, which you disagreed with, so you decided to take me to task over it. That's fine. Your opinion of me matters exactly zero to me.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you are instinctually dishonest.

That isn't drama. It's my opinion. Just like hoping certain business models fail.

It is only today that I learned I wasn't entitled to my opinion, and having my opinion about free markets made me an AOC disciple. You asked about applying my economic principles when I didn't state any economic principles. I just proffered an opinion on doing business with certain businesses, which you disagreed with, so you decided to take me to task over it. That's fine. Your opinion of me matters exactly zero to me.

That really hurts.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has also been a lot of new gun owners with no options other than to buy ammo when/where they can find it, at whatever prices. Most of them probably won't know where to look for bargains.

Just a thought. :drunk2:
___

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can apply it to what ever market you want.

If you're asking if I think it's okay for Blackrock/Blackstone et al to be buying up all the starter and affordable homes, sure I'm okay with it. If that's their business model, that's their business model. It's also okay for me to hope they they wind up upside down on every ****ing one of them and they go bankrupt and fade into history as just another ****** company with a ****** business model. Both are equally acceptable to me.

Because you can does not equal you should to me. Obviously your opinion is different. You're entitled to your opinion.

Now, are you asking me if I think the government should be involved in any of that; No, I do not. If people will stop doing business with folks like that, it will work itself out, and it will do it without government intervention. If you think that is what I'd like, I'll hang around and wait for you to show me where I said that should happen. It's cool. I'm not that busy this morning, I'll wait.
Here's my take on it, Blackrock/Blackstone is huge and won't go belly up, do I agree with their economic business model? Not really
Do I have a problem with my IRA advisor buying their stock for my account? Not at all, I'm going to make my money for my future for my family and they're going to make theirs, world goes round and I'll take advantage of it to better my family:anyone:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my take on it, Blackrock/Blackstone is huge and won't go belly up, do I agree with their economic business model? Not really
Do I have a problem with my IRA advisor buying their stock for my account? Not at all, I'm going to make my money for my future for my family and they're going to make theirs, world goes round and I'll take advantage of it to better my family:anyone:

Going long on housing right now is probably a solid investment strategy.

How long that lasts is anyone's guess, but we're pretty sure it won't last forever.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going long on housing right now is probably a solid investment strategy.

How long that lasts is anyone's guess, but we're pretty sure it won't last forever.
Oh it definitely wont last forever, I give it another 18-24 months honestly, just from talking with some contractor and construction buddies (both commercial and residential). However, they're a real estate investment company, they will always be at the forefront of whatever big real estate opportunities there are. Been in the game for too long not to have their hands in whatever investment opportunities are available at the time.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh it definitely wont last forever, I give it another 18-24 months honestly, just from talking with some contractor and construction buddies (both commercial and residential). However, they're a real estate investment company, they will always be at the forefront of whatever big real estate opportunities there are. Been in the game for too long not to have their hands in whatever investment opportunities are available at the time.

My concern would be, real estate isn't very liquid. It's really difficult to close a position when you're holding actual paper on real estate.

It seems to me it would be fairly difficult to be on the front end of that with the amount of deeds they're holding.

Everyone has different ideas and thoughts on investing, my thoughts are purchasing real estate for short term is a pretty dangerous wager.

That's my opinion, the other side of it is just as valid.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My concern would be, real estate isn't very liquid. It's really difficult to close a position when you're holding actual paper on real estate.

It seems to me it would be fairly difficult to be on the front end of that with the amount of deeds they're holding.

Everyone has different ideas and thoughts on investing, my thoughts are purchasing real estate for short term is a pretty dangerous wager.

That's my opinion, the other side of it is just as valid.
I agree, and if it was my money at stake on the upfront it wouldn't happen, but they've got people who are paid way more than me and that's their only job so I'll let them figure out that aspect and just enjoy the growth on my portfolio 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom