Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, and if it was my money at stake on the upfront it wouldn't happen, but they've got people who are paid way more than me and that's their only job so I'll let them figure out that aspect and just enjoy the growth on my portfolio 🤣

Nothing wrong with that. Growth is good, and I'm not risk adverse. I'm retiring in January, and my portfolio is still 91% domestic stocks.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm well behind you, but that's my goal, keep as much of my investment portfolio in the US as I can.

The roller coaster of late has been a little stomach churning. Today's rout is no exception.

I'm about equally split between smcaps, midcaps & lgcaps. All of which have my portfolio down 6 digits this week. Stomach churning might not be strong enough wording.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The roller coaster of late has been a little stomach churning. Today's rout is no exception.

I'm about equally split between smcaps, midcaps & lgcaps. All of which have my portfolio down 6 digits this week. Stomach churning might not be strong enough wording.
That is one reason I am glad I have time to go, the current state of affairs would have me ripping out hairs watching it all......

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
There has also been a lot of new gun owners with no options other than to buy ammo when/where they can find it, at whatever prices. Most of them probably won't know where to look for bargains.

Just a thought. :drunk2:
___
I'm not a new gun owner but I guess I don't know where to look for bargains either. Where should I look for bargains ?

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

I sure hope not. You mean you have about 33% in each of those categories ?

Why not just invest in either the S&P 500 Index or the Total Stock Market Index and let that do the weighting for you ?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
there's a forum here that has a thread about where to find deals.

usually if someone finds a good deal they share it. i recently found that atwood's has .22lr by far the cheapest i can find it, usually always in stock too. they do limit you to just one box.

for other stuff, you just have to search around and get lucky.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
there's a forum here that has a thread about where to find deals.

usually if someone finds a good deal they share it. i recently found that atwood's has .22lr by far the cheapest i can find it, usually always in stock too. they do limit you to just one box.

for other stuff, you just have to search around and get lucky.
I've been on here for a while now and I always look but have not yet seen anything I consider a "deal"

How much is 22lr at Atwood's ?

I don't consider 38 cents a round for 9mm a deal and I'm not buying for that either.

I got a goofy email yesterday from TargetSportsUSA pushing their great ammo restock and deals. 9mm 115 grain Blazer Brass was 50 cents a round and 147 grain Winchester was 60 cents a round.....all plus shipping !

I don't consider those to be a "deal" of any kind. I can buy it cheaper at Academy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom