Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've been on here for a while now and I always look but have not yet seen anything I consider a "deal"

How much is 22lr at Atwood's ?

I don't consider 38 cents a round for 9mm a deal and I'm not buying for that either.

I got a goofy email yesterday from TargetSportsUSA pushing their great ammo restock and deals. 9mm 115 grain Blazer Brass was 50 cents a round and 147 grain Winchester was 60 cents a round.....all plus shipping !

I don't consider those to be a "deal" of any kind. I can buy it cheaper at Academy.
last time i was there a box of 500 of either 36g hp or 40g round nose were both $28. not quite the good ol' days but waaaayyyy better than the .10c per round i'm seeing mostly everywhere else.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
last time i was there a box of 500 of either 36g hp or 40g round nose were both $28. not quite the good ol' days but waaaayyyy better than the .10c per round i'm seeing mostly everywhere else.
I regularly have been buying 40 grain Federal Automatch at my local Walmart for about 5.5 cents a round for the last 6 months or so. 325 round boxes and maximum of 3 boxes per person per day.....if they can catch you.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Define gouging?
Is it when an import ban has been permanently enforced and one can no longer get the item, then the person is to purchase from someone else who has the asset and is willing to pay to receive it?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Define gouging?
Is it when an import ban has been permanently enforced and one can no longer get the item, then the person is to purchase from someone else who has the asset and is willing to pay to receive it?
housing prices going absolutely absurd - not gouging just taking advantage of the market
ammo prices being expensive at some places, sold per box at others (ever hear of a 'limit 1" on houses? :) :) :) ) - gouging

we ain't got our priorities right ya'll.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, just short of a million ! That's great !
I’m a text book example of what can happen if you start early, max your 401k, be aggressive and leave your money alone to grow.

I’ve been with the same employer for 37 years, and I’ll retire at 59 1/2, and shouldn’t ever be able to spend what I have.

I’ve managed it myself all this time, but I’ve signed on with a manager for after I retire & start drawing it. There will be tax implications, and they will manage the investments as well as my distributions. That’s above my level. I’m going to let them do that.

I’ve been very fortunate. There are a bunch of guys I’ve worked with over the years that are also very fortunate. My employer is about to experience mass retirements for guys 55 & over.

When I went to work 37 years ago our stock was around $17. It’s been over $900 this year and just went thru a 3 for 1 split. We’ve been very fortunate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom