Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
All the people that keep saying prices were great under trump seem to keep forgetting about most of 2020. The price of things between Feb and March changed rather quickly.......

That was Covid, not Trump or Biden. Covid was synonymous with panic. It was the same with paper products. (Toilet paper and paper towels). Also masks and rubber gloves disappeared off shelves. They even had a limit on meat in stores around here for a few weeks. And none of it lasted. Today you can go out and fill your house with all of them relatively cheaply.

But no ammunition. And what there is of it is priced to the Moon. Biden simply continued the panic that Covid started. If Trump had been reelected, ammo prices and availability would be the same today, that they were pre Covid.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was Covid, not Trump or Biden. Covid was synonymous with panic. It was the same with paper products. (Toilet paper and paper towels). Also masks and rubber gloves disappeared off shelves. They even had a limit on meat in stores around here for a few weeks. And none of it lasted. Today you can go out and fill your house with all of them relatively cheaply.

But no ammunition. And what there is of it is priced to the Moon. Biden simply continued the panic that Covid started. If Trump had been reelected, ammo prices and availability would be the same today, that they were pre Covid.
Um, ok. Presidents and coaches get way too much credit and blame.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I got an e-mail today from my local academy notifying me that they had 115 grain 9mm cci blazer in stock and they would ship it to me for 14.99 for a box of 50. Still limited to 4 boxes and they did not have it in the stores. So, they are seeming to hold some ammo back for "regular" customers and will ship it to you.

One problem was that it was aluminum and not brass. I'm not interested in the aluminum, and 15 bucks a box of 50 is still too high for me. I'm waiting for under 20 bucks for 100 rounds of brass ammo and won't be buying until then.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Atwood's has 9mm 124 grain Federal FMJ at $14.99 for 50 rounds and Federal 9mm 124 grain Punch Personal Defense Jacketed Hollow Point at $12.99 for 20 rounds.

Limit 2 boxes total per day.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not buying any 9mm until it gets back below 20 cents a round. I don't need it....I have plenty of it that I bought under 20 cents a round. I bought a Glock 44 and can buy .22lr for under 6 cents a round and I've gotten where I think it is more fun to target shoot it and a lot cheaper.

It give me plenty of practice and I'll just save my 9mm stuff for the time that I really need it. Even if it goes back below 20 cents a round, I'm probably not going to buy much of it. Just keep shooting my Glock 44.
For me the cutoff is a bit higher--25 cents per round and I'll start getting more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom