Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just going to add a comment, not that it means much to anyone. I bought a Ruger no 1 in 450 Marlin last year. Bought it mosty for the wood on it and thinking that the caliber wouldn’t be too hard to find. I was wrong. I had the option of waiting for the ammo cost to go down, which it hasn’t, or just not shoot it. I went ahead and overpaid for the ammo to be able to shoot that weapon. I guess Hobson’s choice comes into play at times.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm waiting for under 20 bucks for 100 rounds of brass ammo and won't be buying until then.
IIRC, the best deal I've seen since 2016 was 18¢ per round for brass ammo. And that was per 1k case ($180) of Winchester white box [EDIT] of Fiocchi 115 Grain FMJ for $179.80 w/free shipping.

I'll be surprised if it ever gets below (or possibly even down to?) 20¢ again.
:anyone:

Last edited:

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
IIRC, the best deal I've seen since 2016 was 18¢ per round for brass ammo. And that was per 1k case ($180) of Winchester white box.

I'll be surprised if it ever gets below (or possibly even down to?) 20¢ again.
:anyone:
Bought 1000 rounds of WWB 9mm 115 grain from TargetSportsUSA in Sept 2019 for $169.90, and at the same time bought 1000 rounds of 147 grain for $179.80 with free shipping. I'm still pretty well stocked up because I have some WWB bought from Academy over the last few years as well. So, I'm holding out until we get back under 20 cents a round, or I'll just keep shooting my Glock 44 .22lr for fun and save the 9mm for the real deal.

I'm going to guess the market gets flooded at some point and ammo will drop below pre-covid lows. People will be having fire sales at some point.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought 1000 rounds of WWB 9mm 115 grain from TargetSportsUSA in Sept 2019 for $169.90, and at the same time bought 1000 rounds of 147 grain for $179.80 with free shipping.
Oops... the ammo I mentioned was Fiocchi 115 Grain FMJ rather than WWB. It was also $179.80 (w/free shipping) at TargetSportsUSA.

The Winchester ammo I was thinking about was 9mm NATO 124gr FMJ for $199.80 at Palmetto State Armory.
:hithead:

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oops... the ammo I mentioned was Fiocchi 115 Grain FMJ rather than WWB. It was also $179.80 (w/free shipping) at TargetSportsUSA.

The Winchester ammo I was thinking about was 9mm NATO 124gr FMJ for $199.80 at Palmetto State Armory.
I'd take some of that today at that price too ! I would like it to get cheap enough that I felt like shooting my Glock 19 some.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

March of 2019 from SGAmmo

1627253055050.png

ohms

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“When one condemns the processes of a free market, as he is doing when he endorses any form or degree of price control, he is invalidating the rights of either buyer or seller. If the buyer and seller agree to trade the bushel of potatoes at $2 and a dictator sets a price limit of $1.80, he is economically disfranchising the seller in the market. He is doing exactly the same thing as the robber who takes the bushel of potatoes and then hands the poor victim a gratuity of what he wishes, in this case $1.80. This is not disfranchisement of the seller by 10% — it is complete disfranchisement, and the seller is completely at the mercy of the control instead of being able to pursue his rights in a free market.”

F. A. HARPER, The Crisis of the Free Markets

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
imo the scarcity is artificial. thus calling ammo prices rising due to "increased demand" is disingenuous because the demand wouldn't be as high if people were able to actually purchase.

there is far, far more ammo than what is available for sale. i am confident most places are sitting on TONS. this is not a supply shortage; it is market manipulation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom