Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so you think $18 for 50 rds is decent? -- it has dropped from 30-40-50 only a few months back and is continuing to drop
I think it will be back to pre biden prices rather soon - and there will be a ton of ammo stored by those who have been buying at these crazy levels
223 ammo is back to around $10-12/box-20 already and that is for the dreaded "assault weapon" ammo
many sites are asking lookers to give their email to be notified when in stock -- most likely just testing the market
this isn't the first time ammo/components has gone crazy and it won't be the last JMO
The world has been turned upside down, if one looks for it to be better in the near future I wanna wear those glasses..

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to be a Negative Nancy but with inflation from all the money printing going on, even if things return to "normal" for ammo I will be surprised to see widespread prices anywhere near as low as before. 😞
except there will be many who have a closet full of overpriced ammo who won't be buying
we went through this a few years ago and prices dropped right back to where they were before
btw just bought some CFE223 from 3rdGen last wk for $32/lb -- not so much above pre biden days

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so you think $18 for 50 rds is decent? -- it has dropped from 30-40-50 only a few months back and is continuing to drop
I think it will be back to pre biden prices rather soon - and there will be a ton of ammo stored by those who have been buying at these crazy levels
223 ammo is back to around $10-12/box-20 already and that is for the dreaded "assault weapon" ammo
many sites are asking lookers to give their email to be notified when in stock -- most likely just testing the market
this isn't the first time ammo/components has gone crazy and it won't be the last JMO
It's decent for the times, compared to the $30-$50 you mentioned in your reply. I seriously don't think we're going to see $13/50 like we were before the panic. If I'm wrong I will be happy, but I just don't see it with the way inflation is ramping up.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like "new" MSRP is $36/100. Currently available direct from CCI https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/maxi-mag/6-24.html Currently in stock, with shipping free on a $99 order.

In a free market world, the seller can price as they see fit. The buyer can choose to buy at that price or not. The free market system works for me.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Your assessment is spot on. You’ll find that we kinda take care of each other here on osa when it comes to ammo needs.

^^^^^^

I have added to my ammo stash --- biggest part is through this site with 'tenured' members. Almost everything was bought or traded at "pre" prices (example --- bricks of Federal 22lr for $26). Some was bought at retailers, but not at the inflated prices. Mostly Atwoods and a few LGS's.

I appreciate all the good trade partners I've encountered here!!

:thumbup3:

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will pay up to 30 cents a round for new brass 9mm but that is my limit.If it goes below that i will start buying again, if not i will shoot 22.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's decent for the times, compared to the $30-$50 you mentioned in your reply. I seriously don't think we're going to see $13/50 like we were before the panic. If I'm wrong I will be happy, but I just don't see it with the way inflation is ramping up.
I'm an eternal optimist, hoping for under $10 for 50 rounds of factory new 9mm FMJ.
(Haven't been smoking anything either, I'm just HOPING!)

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The facts remain. The market decides the value of everything. Communists see it differently. See Economics 101. Now if you want to trade with your close personal buds, have at it. If you want someone to blame for high prices, look no further than the Democrat Party.
I agree with a whole bunch of what you say there , but Republicans decided to shut the economy down as well as I recall so the blame lies with politicians as a whole which caused fear of the future!! And the media for scaring the crap out of people with the doomsday Covid crapola which caused a run on anything gun related!! Lets not forget the whole Antifa / BLM rioting. Perfect storm caused a major crap storm!! Not just the Dems................
More folks are figuring out the 2nd means something is the only good that has come out of this...

Latest posts

Top Bottom