Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with a whole bunch of what you say there , but Republicans decided to shut the economy down as well as I recall so the blame lies with politicians as a whole which caused fear of the future!! And the media for scaring the crap out of people with the doomsday Covid crapola which caused a run on anything gun related!! Lets not forget the whole Antifa / BLM rioting. Perfect storm caused a major crap storm!! Not just the Dems................
More folks are figuring out the 2nd means something is the only good that has come out of this...
Blame whoever you want, but the fact remains that a huge number of gun owners/hunters/shooters completely ignored what happened in past ammo “shortages“ specifically the one after Sandy Hook and did absolutely nothing to prepare after things normalized.
I’ll make a prediction that everyone posting about what they’re going to buy if/when things get back to normal won’t do a dang thing just like they didn’t after past shortages.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Blame whoever you want, but the fact remains that a huge number of gun owners/hunters/shooters completely ignored what happened in past ammo “shortages“ specifically the one after Sandy Hook and did absolutely nothing to prepare after things normalized.
I’ll make a prediction that everyone posting about what they’re going to buy if/when things get back to normal won’t do a dang thing just like they didn’t after past shortages.
Some will some won't!! I have enough , not as much as I would like ......... but I do not have that kind of storage as of yet LOL.
Just started reloading a couple years or so ago so I have learned I need more primers in reserves , I have enough to keep me shooting for a bit yet but should have had way more SSP everything else is covered but may have to stop shooting 38 and 9mm like it is cheap ! :grumble:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some will some won't!! I have enough , not as much as I would like ......... but I do not have that kind of storage as of yet LOL.
Just started reloading a couple years or so ago so I have learned I need more primers in reserves , I have enough to keep me shooting for a bit yet but should have had way more SSP everything else is covered but may have to stop shooting 38 and 9mm like it is cheap ! :grumble:
I don’t know how long you’ve been on gun/shooting message boards, but I’ve been on them for about 20 years (this one since 2012). History tells me most won’t do a dang thing to prepare for the future.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know how long you’ve been on gun/shooting message boards, but I’ve been on them for about 20 years (this one since 2012). History tells me most won’t do a dang thing to prepare for the future.
Applies to just about everything, still people in Oklahoma without a generator and it is an absolute must have as far as I am concerned!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I just keep reloading and shooting with the stash of components on hand at pre biden prices.
I could make a crap ton of money with what I have on the inflated market, but shooting is more important to me than the almighty dollar.
When this crap gets back to normal, buy it cheap and stack it deep so these threads don’t happen.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I for one am glad to see ammo prices coming back down, even if slowly. SGAmmo has 9mm for around 40 cents a rd, hollow points for 68 cents. The guys that bought a bunch up just to jack the prices way up can kiss my hairy old A$$.
I miss the Walmart Winchester white box prices for 9 mm. It was like 16.99 for a box of 100.

Latest posts

Top Bottom