Ammo Price Gouging Needs To Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve met many guys on a firearms related deal and in conversation found that we shared interest outside of the 2A community. That led to texts and calls about other things. One that comes to mind is my long text thread with one member about dirt car racing. It’s pages long.
Don't get me started on dirt track racing. If I could still stand the summer heat I would be bugging you all the time to go to the races.

Maybe in a few years when I retire I can do a little racing again.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever counted em up but I do know if I ever wanted to just shoot the breeze or needed help all I've gotta do is call any one of them and they'd be here. Same thing goes for me with them and I found all of them by joining and participating in this community. If some people are here just to sell stuff I figure they're the ones that are really missing out.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my first ammo, in the last 2 years, today.

Academy had a good supply. Prices are returning to somewhat pre-Dempanic pricing.

I bought 1 box of 3 1/2" 12ga. $22.95
New shotgun is 3 1/2". Have never owned one. Son has one, he bought the same ammo, for a goose hunt in 2018, $ 21.95

Time for pattern and cycling testing.

At an auction, last month, watch fools paying $2.50 a round for .357 125gr JHP.
I don't any, and definitely not that bad.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh dear Lord -- I've lost track of how many of you yahoos I've wheeled and dealed with ... And shot with ... And broke bread with ...

And I also don't remember the last time I did a deal on OSA ... Oh wait ... Who did I sell that .22 to?? 🤔🤔🤔

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I believe that everyone who buys ammunition needs to take a pause… Recently I attended a gun show in Tulsa an observed ammo prices 3 to 4 times higher than normal. Everyone needs to stop buying the over priced ammunition and force things back to normal... Additionally, as a result prices will fall and the shortages will end…

That's not going to happen. People are ALWAYS unprepared. And they will always pay more and want something more when they can't get it. It doesn't matter if it's toilet paper, or ammunition, or plywood and flashlight batteries 24 hours before a hurricane is due to hit.

What you are seeing is capitalism at it's best. Supply and demand. Every single one of these people could have stocked up when Trump was in office for 4 years, and there were discounts everywhere. But they were either lazy, or else they didn't want to spend the money. Because Trump was no threat to gun owners.

Then everyone thought Biden had no chance, and Trump was a shoe in for the next 4 years. They were wrong, and when he won, they ran out and stripped the shelves of most anything and everything that went bang, and drove prices through the roof in the process. They themselves created this mess, and now they have become victims of their own damn creation. Which leads us to where we are presently at. I have zero sympathy for these people. And when this finally ends, the same people will be unprepared the next time it happens.... And IT WILL happen again.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ammo prices were way up months before the election...

Prices and availability were excellent, and deals were EVERYWHERE, after Trump defeated Hillary, and for years afterward. Most every distributor loaded up on product until it was hitting the rafters. All believing Hillary was going to walk into the White House. They thought they would make a killing on the run on guns and ammunition that was sure to follow.

It never happened, and they were stuck with warehouses full of guns, magazines, and ammunition, they sold for years following her defeat. All at huge discounts. Few people stocked up, figuring the low prices would last forever because Biden didn't have a chance. They didn't, and he did. And now they're all paying the price for their lack of action. Prices that ensued after Trump's election were some of the lowest seen in years. Now they are some of the highest EVER seen.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just did a quick count in my contacts in my phone and I saw 25 OSA members without doing a 'deep dive'. This site is my 'clubhouse' I'd say.

:drunk2:
Likewise. I have 41 OSA members in my contacts, and may have missed recording some. Of those 41, there was not a single one that was not a very good representation of what OSA stands for. I hope that as new folks come along, they will indeed get to know us, and not just be here for the buying & selling activities. I have learned a lot from folks here, and have never had a question that went unanswered. And most of those answers were good solid information (there are a couple of you though...)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the people that keep saying prices were great under trump seem to keep forgetting about most of 2020. The price of things between Feb and March changed rather quickly. Buying it cheap and stacking it deep works well if you have the space. Works poorly if you don’t. Many people don’t have that option.

I’m jealous of the price doesn’t matter people. That’s a problem I’d like to have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom