Ammo prices coming back down. Is this a harbinger of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please clearly define your pronoun's antecedent. Who is the devil - OSA members or Walmart?
Clearly it’s both. WalMart and OSA members who shop at WalMart. I gave the devil his due today. Left with butter, apples, milk and Cinnamon Toast Crunch for my granddaughters breakfast tomorrow.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clearly it’s both. WalMart and OSA members who shop at WalMart. I gave the devil his due today. Left with butter, apples, milk and Cinnamon Toast Crunch for my granddaughters breakfast tomorrow.

It would now be yesterday, but we left with essentials like lettuce, little cherry tomatoes (or whatever they call those), hair conditioner, cookies and potato chips.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just on SGA's website and they have
500 Round Case - 5.56mm 55 Grain FMJ M193 IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries
for $289.75.....that's 58 cents per round not counting tax and shipping....its the lowest price per round that I've seen in quite a while so it does look like the prices are starting to come down....
They also have
500 Round Case - 5.56mm 62 Grain Green Tip FMJ M855 IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries for 60 cents per round.
I hope this is the start of a trend.....hope...hope...hope
I checked around yesterday at my usual places I buy from and everything has gone up 20-40% since the 1st BUT they don't have ANYTHING in stock except stuff for AR's, when the hell are we going to start getting the REGULAR stuff again????? I listened to the CEO of Hodgdon a couple months ago and he said this DRY spell could last for a couple years. I ran into a guy at my last gun show that had two one pound bottles of Retumbo, one of them wasn't even full and was asking $160 for them both, after about two hours at the show I walked past his stand on my way our and saw he still had them, I hope he had to eat them!

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's ridiculous what people expect others to pay anymore. Primarily private sales. Powder isn't nearly as expensive as it's made out to be. Most of them are 35 or less a pound. Most of the halfway decent powders are still less than 30 a pound. It's really a matter of timing and finding them. Same with most things. There is decently priced ammo out there. It generally gets snagged up by resellers who "know what they have".

Latest posts

Top Bottom