Ammo prices coming back down. Is this a harbinger of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think for the next while it will be a good deal. Every time we do this cycle the cost goes up but never goes back down to pre-scare price. The manufacturers in many ways can look at their sales data and say "Yup, they'll still pay it". I personally think it's going to hold steady in the 5-6cpr range for the next few months, maybe dip to the 4-5 range. BUT that depends if the current administration wants to pander to the idiots in their party that hate guns. That'd just ruin everything. In the meantime, the extra 4 bucks per 325 count is well worth it IMHO.
It got down to .03 a round during Trumps administration. My shelves are sagging.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think for the next while it will be a good deal. Every time we do this cycle the cost goes up but never goes back down to pre-scare price. The manufacturers in many ways can look at their sales data and say "Yup, they'll still pay it". I personally think it's going to hold steady in the 5-6cpr range for the next few months, maybe dip to the 4-5 range. BUT that depends if the current administration wants to pander to the idiots in their party that hate guns. That'd just ruin everything. In the meantime, the extra 4 bucks per 325 count is well worth it IMHO.
Yep. I'm willing to pay alittle more and continue to stack it a little deeper. Cost averaging and all that.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ammo prices are finally returning to normal. 9mm is down to about .40 cpr, and .223 is down to about .50 cpr. Even 22lr is down to around .12 cpr. I actually just saw some x39 for .20 cpr, and I think that's more or less normal (correct me if I'm wrong).

But I didn't necessarily come here to talk about ammo prices. Came here to talk about what this means in the broader sense of the much discussed inflation. Are ammo prices unique, or is this just the first of many dominos to fall?

I can see arguments in both directions. Ammo is certainly not a commodity that the majority of people use, but it is, however, made from raw materials that affect the prices of lots of things that are.

@JR777 Link to 20cpr x39 please! That’s my stacking price.

AgC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seen ammo in stores more and more frequently some stores having it priced for a serious beat down on the wallet but at least they have some now... Hopefully this is a good sign...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, lowest is 28cpr now on the seek. 20cpr probably got annihilated quickly. It’s getting there.....
Yea I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have 22lr stacked deep, so that will keep the shakes away until I can start blasting 223 again. Every once in a while I do a mag of 223 and the awareness that a buck just flew downrange is kind of mind boggling. Like one mag equals a steak dinner...

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Cabelas yesterday, & that had ammo on the shelf with a generous limit.
9mm at 40 cents pr,
308 at 80 cents
223 at 70 cents
22 hornet at 60 cents
& also plenty of 12 guage, but I didn't pay attention to that price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom