ammo prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think my question should go here but if not please let me know. I had a convo with a friend about ammo prices and asked when is it capitalism/supply and demand turn to price gouging? I seen a post where people were paying $800 for a 1000 rounds of 9mm and people are saying "well if you people would quit buying it at that price it would go down". I am hoping someone maybe has an answer or at least a plausible explanation.
I paid 1189 delivered with taxes for 2000 rounds of 556 x855 a few days ago, of course they are sold out today

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would post what I been selling here but didnt want the negative comments. I been selling in-between $0.40-0.45 per round for 9mm. 223/556 for around $0.50-0.60 per round. I bought extra while it was cheap much like people do with silver. However with silver no one blinks an eye when it goes up and people sell, ammo is different. Again I have to look myself in the mirror so figure I would find a middle ground of what market is, and what I paid for it.
If a guy is willing to sell some of his supply at current market value. I don't see that a neckbearding. I sold lots of stuff in 09 and I made money because I had bought it cheap and people got to shoot. Supply and Demand. I was in Sports World today they had 500 bricks of plinking 22lr going for $50 a pack. If your selling drastically cheaper than what stores are getting someone will just buy it and resell at a profit. Way I see it as long as people are willing to pay it. At least someone is willing to try and keep some stuff on the market. As for .80 a piece 9mm. If you even look at my brass as its dropping I may bust a cap in your ass.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart next to Woodland Hills in Tulsa had about 1500 rounds of CCI sv & varmint. I bought 1k of it and the associate said he doesn't expect to get more .22 for a very long time. There was a lot of 22 mag and .17 hmr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom