Ammo(????) shield 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats the best ammo to carry in a 2.0 shield 9mm. I’ve never carried one, Ive always carried a glock 19 or a sig p365 and use 124gr gold dots in both. I picked up the newer version of the shield yesterday and plan on carrying it in me edc bag.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine absolutely love standard velocity Federal 124gr HST. The 124gr Gold Dots would be my 2nd choice. Also, SGAmmo.com carries 50rd boxes of 124 HST at a great price, which is important because it can be tough to find in stock at local stores.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine absolutely love standard velocity Federal 124gr HST. The 124gr Gold Dots would be my 2nd choice. Also, SGAmmo.com carries 50rd boxes of 124 HST at a great price, which is important because it can be tough to find in stock at local stores.
The Federal HST 124gr standard is what I carry in my P365 as well but I've never shot the shield so I can't say what would be best for it.. In my P225A1 I run Federal HST 147gr in it. SG ammo is my go to also.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years back, I did some research on 9mm ammo. I love 1911's (45, 10mm, 38 super) anyway since I was not up to speed on 9mm, I went to the net and people who had real life experience. Again this is info from a few years ago. You get better performance from the 115 and 124 grain SD ammo. The 147gr is too heavy for it to perform out of a 9mm platform. The 9mm is not a 1 shot stop round, it was designed for multiple hits in mind. I think we WAY over think this issue, I just recently did this with ammo for my 20ga HD shotgun. I watched video's on U-Tube, read a bunch of reports, and even cut open several different shot size 20ga shells. I finally decided on basic old school buckshot w/20 pellets. The technology that is put into today's ammo, just about any should do what you want it too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom