Ammo.....you can find it here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I don't reload, and it looks like even if I did I would be SOL on brass. I would imagine primers are in short supply as well.

Looks like I'll have a .44-40 paperweight for a while.

RLSanders

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bass Pro in OKC has .25. It's Federal and $38 for 50 rds but I haven't seen .25 in a while and most of the online stores and gun shows have older stuff that they're asking $1 per round or so. As of Monday evening, 11/15, Academy on 240 has a bunch of Creedmoor 6.5 (limit 4 boxes) and they also have 6 Creedmoor, which I didn't know existed but I'm a noob and not very bright. If there's something you're looking for, I'd say go to Bass Pro. Don't call, just go because I got the impression that "no" was the default rather than "lemme go see." There are usually only two guys there handling all of the gun and ammo questions/sales. One has to stay behind the counter and keeping an eye on the guns at all times. Also, Academy sometimes has stuff in the back that is only represented by a box or two on the shelf. Sometimes it's a different brand in back. Stay safe. Good luck.

Last edited:

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I don't reload, and it looks like even if I did I would be SOL on brass. I would imagine primers are in short supply as well.

Looks like I'll have a .44-40 paperweight for a while.
You'll have to call em but there is a place in Texas (wheeler ammunition I believe) that loads "Cowboy" loads for all the old Colt SAA calibers we normally catch them at the Wannamaker show in tulsa and stock up. Might be worth a shot for that caliber

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll have to call em but there is a place in Texas (wheeler ammunition I believe) that loads "Cowboy" loads for all the old Colt SAA calibers we normally catch them at the Wannamaker show in tulsa and stock up. Might be worth a shot for that caliber

Thanks Matt !!!
I appreciate the lead.

If this doesn't pan out I'll probably put the gun up for sale.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Matt !!!
I appreciate the lead.

If this doesn't pan out I'll probably put the gun up for sale.
In that case what I meant to say is oh thats a hard caliber to find and the guns a little rough the most i could offer you is $500 Maybe $600 tops since I cant get ammo for it...🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom