Ammunition plant to open near Texarkana (including primer production)- high prices create supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with Texarkana but maybe someone can chime me in… what makes it a good spot for ammo manufacturing?

or is it already a manufacturing hub? Most places depend on a rail line so that’s why they build where they do. Is that the case with Texarkana?

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not all taxpayer money is Fed. There are many smaller cities that will shovel cash your way if you promise to bring a couple hundred jobs.

I'm just not liking the smell of this. If there was that much money to be made, one would think the big players would be doing it.
That is true

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with Texarkana but maybe someone can chime me in… what makes it a good spot for ammo manufacturing?

or is it already a manufacturing hub? Most places depend on a rail line so that’s why they build where they do. Is that the case with Texarkana?
There was already an ammo plant there. Part of the infrastructure is already built.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 1850's/ 60's the south was so rich, they didn't need to manufacture anything, they could afford to just buy it! In 1861 that all changed when the north blockaded them, and they could no longer buy it, and didn't have the facilities, machinery, or skills, to make it!! ! Being able to manufacture our own goods, of every description is absolutly ecential for our nations defense! Taiwan now produces 80% of the WORLD'S MICRO CHIPS, and the other 20% are produced outside the U.S. These micro chips are ecential in everything from cars, to home alliances, to sophisticated weapons systems! What do you think will happen when Communist China take TAIWAN in the next few months if not weeks? I understand there are two new LARGE micro chip facilities in the works now in the U.S., one in Arozona and the other in the mid west. I hope this is true. This ammo plant being built in Oklahoma is a great idea, and I for one hope we can get more manufacturing plants of every type in this country. One thing we ALL can all do is, BUY MADE IN AMERICA GOODS, even if it cost more, making our SWORN ENEMIES RICH BY BUYING THEIR COUNTERFEIT, JUNK GOODS, MADE WITH SLAVE LABOR, IS NOT VERY SMART, IS IT? I hate to admit this but, I fly an lighted American Flag in my yard 24/7/365. The Oklahoma wind whips them apart in about 3 months. I have been buying Amercan Flags made in China, for about $6.00 each, at Harbor Frieght! ANT THAT POTHETIC? Walmart has the same quality American Flags, that are MADE IN AMERICA, FOR $21, 00 EACH! THAT IS A WHAPING $60.00 PER YEAR DIFFERENCE, OR A TANK OF GASOLINE, OR TWO MEALS AT McDonald'S FROM NOW ON I WILL ONLY BUY MADE IN AMERICA, AMERICAN FLAGS, NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY COST!

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 1850's/ 60's the south was so rich, they didn't need to manufacture anything, they could afford to just buy it! In 1861 that all changed when the north blockaded them, and they could no longer buy it, and didn't have the facilities, machinery, or skills, to make it!! ! Being able to manufacture our own goods, of every description is absolutly ecential for our nations defense! Taiwan now produces 80% of the WORLD'S MICRO CHIPS, and the other 20% are produced outside the U.S. These micro chips are ecential in everything from cars, to home alliances, to sophisticated weapons systems! What do you think will happen when Communist China take TAIWAN in the next few months if not weeks? I understand there are two new LARGE micro chip facilities in the works now in the U.S., one in Arozona and the other in the mid west. I hope this is true. This ammo plant being built in Oklahoma is a great idea, and I for one hope we can get more manufacturing plants of every type in this country. One thing we ALL can all do is, BUY MADE IN AMERICA GOODS, even if it cost more, making our SWORN ENEMIES RICH BY BUYING THEIR COUNTERFEIT, JUNK GOODS, MADE WITH SLAVE LABOR, IS NOT VERY SMART, IS IT? I hate to admit this but, I fly an lighted American Flag in my yard 24/7/365. The Oklahoma wind whips them apart in about 3 months. I have been buying Amercan Flags made in China, for about $6.00 each, at Harbor Frieght! ANT THAT POTHETIC? Walmart has the same quality American Flags, that are MADE IN AMERICA, FOR $21, 00 EACH! THAT IS A WHAPING $60.00 PER YEAR DIFFERENCE, OR A TANK OF GASOLINE, OR TWO MEALS AT McDonald'S FROM NOW ON I WILL ONLY BUY MADE IN AMERICA, AMERICAN FLAGS, NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY COST!
Keep preaching John....I'm with ya brother !!

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The plant was actually at Hooks, TX. Right on I-30 and a railroad. Been by it many times.
My brother worked there for awhile many years ago. There was an accident in a primer room. The investigators found teeth imbedded in a concrete wall. Primers for 105mm and 155mm artillery shells are a bit bigger than our rifle and pistol primers.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The plant was actually at Hooks, TX. Right on I-30 and a railroad. Been by it many times.
My brother worked there for awhile many years ago. There was an accident in a primer room. The investigators found teeth imbedded in a concrete wall. Primers for 105mm and 155mm artillery shells are a bit bigger than our rifle and pistol primers.
Whew! Dassabigkaboom!

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully they are successful but investing that kind of money during this shortage will bring short time returns in a market that is sure to decline after the mid term elections when people are seeing Republicans in control and gun control becoming less an issue.
people who invest that kind of money i imagine have longer planning horizons than the next election....though idk

Latest posts

Top Bottom