Ammunition shelves bare as U.S. gun sales continue to soar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SEATTLE (AP) — The COVID-19 pandemic, coupled with record sales of firearms, has fueled a shortage of ammunition in the United States that’s impacting law enforcement agencies, people seeking personal protection, recreational shooters and hunters -- and could deny new gun owners the practice they need to handle their weapons safely.

Here is a link to the entire story from AP: https://apnews.com/article/sports-b...gun-politics-86e61939eb4ae1230e110ed6d7576b70

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed a very large improvement in the availability of ammo here in OKC....SGA Ammo where I purchase from time to time has a very large selection of rifle and handgun ammo for prices that are 1/2 of where the prices were just a couple of months ago. I'm hoping that this is the start of a new trend with prices going lower to pre covid levels.
I also purchase from Wal-Mart, Big Boys and Mustang Pawn and Gun. While their selections are smaller they are getting in more all the time.

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bass Pro on Saturday (Broken Arrow) had all the 5.56 you could ever want, and lots of other stuff. They even had some primers. I didnt look at prices...but its a vast improvement over last time I went.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but I’m doin alright at the moment. I just like to grab a box or two locally if the price is right!
Easy way to stock up and not kill your wallet for short term. I've been doing that will primers. I haven't paid over 75 bucks/1000 and have built up my supply well. I have enough SRP to think about building me a 6GT rifle. Brass on the other hand....

Latest posts

Top Bottom