Amsoil Motor Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Go to an Amsoil site, Amsoil the best.
Go to Penzoil site, Penzoil the best.
Go to Quaker State site, Quaker the best.
Go to Rotella site, Rotella the best.
Go to…………..it will be the best. And on and on it goes!
As long as it meets the engine manufacturer specifications SAE and API standards you’re good to go.
Let’s go back to guns okay?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
walmart synthetic made my Corolla get 29 MPG conventional walmart or other conventional oil it got 27 MPG same as another Corolla of the same year same engine and trans 27 with conventional.

At that time Mobil 1 synthetic was getting 33-33.5.
2007 into 2008 I thought I had engine issues as my Mobil 1 synthetic was giving me 29 MPG.
I pulled injectors and had my son who worked at DeatschWerks at the time test my injectors .
All good.
I still slapped in new injectors and No gain in MPG 29 was it.
I pulled the "cat" and it was perfect.

I swapped to another synthetic and same 29 MPG and then tried a heavier than 5-30 which was T6 Rotella. Which is 5-40
MPG went to 35 MPG.
A few years ago the T6 was rumored to have changed and again I noticed my MPG took another hit.
Some things just can't stay the same.

I feel pretty blessed though as I torture that 1995 corolla and 368,000 on it and still giving me better than 30 MPG.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
walmart synthetic made my Corolla get 29 MPG conventional walmart or other conventional oil it got 27 MPG same as another Corolla of the same year same engine and trans 27 with conventional.

At that time Mobil 1 synthetic was getting 33-33.5.
2007 into 2008 I thought I had engine issues as my Mobil 1 synthetic was giving me 29 MPG.
I pulled injectors and had my son who worked at DeatschWerks at the time test my injectors .
All good.
I still slapped in new injectors and No gain in MPG 29 was it.
I pulled the "cat" and it was perfect.

I swapped to another synthetic and same 29 MPG and then tried a heavier than 5-30 which was T6 Rotella. Which is 5-40
MPG went to 35 MPG.
A few years ago the T6 was rumored to have changed and again I noticed my MPG took another hit.
Some things just can't stay the same.

I feel pretty blessed though as I torture that 1995 corolla and 368,000 on it and still giving me better than 30 MPG.
Perhaps ambient temps, A/C usage or seasonal fuel blends impacted mileage more than what brand oil you were using.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amsoil makes oil specifically for small engines, 4 stroke and 2 stroke. If you sign up as a preferred member and purchase a certain amount the prices are reduced. I have a neighbor that uses Amsoil in much of his stuff and has a membership or something like that.
It’s $20 a year, I split the cost with a friend, considerably less expensive than using Dino oil.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps ambient temps, A/C usage or seasonal fuel blends impacted mileage more than what brand oil you were using.
AC was always on and windows up as the wife was driving at the time.
Same path taken daily.
And air pressure was checked in tires daily.
It was as close to the same as I could make it and that car never cares what temp it is outside it gets the same MPG.
Now if I drive it 95 MPH for 200 miles MPG takes a hit.
78-82 MPG was a sweet spot on the way to Washington state with just me in the car.
just a tick under 40 MPG with 85 octane.
City mixed with highway it always turns in the same MPG.

Our Pontiac Vibe with the 1.8 Toyota engine gets 29 MPG like clock work with Pennzoil or Edge.
Mobil 1 euro or Mobil high Mileage synthetic it gets 27.

I have never tried Amsoil.

That 2 stroke oil intrigues me.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Can I chime in and ask WHAT THE HELL is duramax oil. I am not talking about the Chevy Duramax engine. I’m talking about some brand of oil called Duramax.

The quiklube place in town uses it instead of Quaker or pennzoil like they used to use. I don’t mind what they use since I only get my work truck serviced there and I ain’t paying for the service but I think duramax may be like the cheapest stuff you can buy. I had to take my personal truck there one time and I think they freaking put that stuff in there too. I don’t drive my personal truck much so I think I’m going back to changing my own oil again.

we did take our 2021 Hyundai Sonata there for its first oil change since we couldn’t make it to the dealership and I told them Mobil 1 and the receipt said Duramax and I chewed some a** on that one. Made them drain it. Not a problem now since we don’t own that car now.

But really. Wtf is duramax oil? Is it good? Crap?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can I chime in and ask WHAT THE HELL is duramax oil. I am not talking about the Chevy Duramax engine. I’m talking about some brand of oil called Duramax.

The quiklube place in town uses it instead of Quaker or pennzoil like they used to use. I don’t mind what they use since I only get my work truck serviced there and I ain’t paying for the service but I think duramax may be like the cheapest stuff you can buy. I had to take my personal truck there one time and I think they freaking put that stuff in there too. I don’t drive my personal truck much so I think I’m going back to changing my own oil again.

we did take our 2021 Hyundai Sonata there for its first oil change since we couldn’t make it to the dealership and I told them Mobil 1 and the receipt said Duramax and I chewed some a** on that one. Made them drain it. Not a problem now since we don’t own that car now.

But really. Wtf is duramax oil? Is it good? Crap?
Never heard of it but they have a pretty big product line

https://duramax.com/products/motor-oils/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got 365K miles on my Tacoma with the V-6 engine using Valvoline dino 🦕 oil. Changed it at 3000 mile intervals even though Toyota recommended 5000 mile oil changes.
Ran the Valvoline in the Tundra doing the same before getting the 2020 F-250 with the 7.3 liter gas engine. It came from the factory with Ford labeled synthetic oil. 7500 mile recommendation for oil changes. I’m doing 5000mile as it gets a workout towing some heavy loads on steep grades.
Edited to change 500 to 5000.

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amsoil makes oil specifically for small engines, 4 stroke and 2 stroke. If you sign up as a preferred member and purchase a certain amount the prices are reduced. I have a neighbor that uses Amsoil in much of his stuff and has a membership or something like that.
I signed up for the membership. It’s $20 a year! Pretty darn good for the benefits. I ordered some small engine oil for my new generator and my power washer. I’ll be buying more for my cars and my lawnmower soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom