Amusement/theme parks... your thoughts? Warning - long dissertation here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
tRidiot FTW!!! On the list for the next time we get back to OKC/Edmond...I love the plantains and jerk chicken.

That's what I had and it was delicious!

This is what the ex chose... she was born and raised in the Caribbean. It was decent, probably one of the more passable versions we've tried in the US. She did like the plantain, the jerk was decent. I really enjoyed the chimichangas. Their jalapeno sauce is quite good, as is the ranchero sauce. One of the more unique, not rubber-stamp-type Messicin' places I've been to in quite a while.

Can't say if there were vegetarian dishes, I don't pay attention to that crap. :P

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We were at frontier city on Saturday also. My wife and brother waited in line for the mind bender for half an hour before they told them it was shut down. We spent the entire day waiting in line. We are done with amusement parks for a while.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frontier City is a pretty piss-poor representation of theme parks. It's horribly managed and dirty.

Six Flags parks (not named Frontier City) are usually top-notch, and Six Flags Over Texas is a great experience if you're into thrill rides and don't mind waiting in line for a 45-second trip.

Disney World is where it's at, though. I love that place.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were at frontier city on Saturday also. My wife and brother waited in line for the mind bender for half an hour before they told them it was shut down. We spent the entire day waiting in line. We are done with amusement parks for a while.

Ok, so I'm glad I'm not the only one.... I don't feel so unreasonable.

Wait... you weren't the 55+ year old guy who weighed in at 350-400+ with the skin tight 5x-size tie-dyed Rasta-style T-shirt that said "YOUNG WILD & FREE" were you????

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not even going to kid myself, I would never put myself in a position like that. I would be like an angry black grandma halfway through the day.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO there hasn't been a good amusement park in OKC since they closed Wedgewood and Springlake. And I never thought Springlake was that great compared to Wedgewood. Frontier City was not originally a ride type amusement park. It was converted to one and poorly done.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Frontier City is a pretty piss-poor representation of theme parks. It's horribly managed and dirty.

Six Flags parks (not named Frontier City) are usually top-notch, and Six Flags Over Texas is a great experience if you're into thrill rides and don't mind waiting in line for a 45-second trip.

Disney World is where it's at, though. I love that place.

Yes sir! We'll gladly skip FC, Six Flags, WOF..........SDC is not quite as bad, and just wait and go to Disney every two or three years. Their organization and the ability to move masses of people through a ride in short time is incredible, and everything is clean.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cedar Point. Or Kings Island.

I'd love to get to go to Cedar Point.

I almost got to go to Busch Gardens a couple of years ago, but we didn't have enough time.

The best park for rides I've ever been to was Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in Orlando. They have an inverted rollercoaster there called "Dueling Dragons" that's actually two separate roller coasters that intertwine. One is a fire dragon and the other is an ice dragon. At one point, they corkscrew around each other in opposite directions. In another, they come at each other and then track up right when you feel like you're about to get into a head-on collision. The front seat is definitely the best seat for this ride.

Latest posts

Top Bottom