Amusement/theme parks... your thoughts? Warning - long dissertation here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking of planning a trip to Cedar point in the near future.

Th Dueling Dragons was one of the two rides I went on during my ill-fated visit to Universal in Orlando before I bailed to Buffetville. The other was the brand new Spiderman ride, which promptly broke down in the middle of my ride after waiting an hour and half to get on-board.

Jeez.

Does anyone know what the lines are like at Cedar Point?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does Zarate's have a vegan/vegetarian friendly menu?

Sure, just tell them to keep bringing baskets of fried plantains and a selection of their dips/sauces...:-)

I just checked their online menu pages and a true vegan might have difficulty there due to the cheese. Vegetarian could get by.

http://www.zarateslatingrill.com/

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should ban yourself for asking such a question.

I have to find places where I can take my wife.

Sure, just tell them to keep bringing baskets of fried plantains and a selection of their dips/sauces...:-)

I just checked their online menu pages and a true vegan might have difficulty there due to the cheese. Vegetarian could get by.

http://www.zarateslatingrill.com/

She usually has no issue veganizing vegetarian plates.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I were asking ourselves the same thing, are we just getting old? We just don't enjoy theme parks like we used to. And at SDC our kids didn't either. We asked them if they were ready to go and they both enthusiastically said Yes!
We don't care for waiting forever in a line for a minute of fun. Also, as the day gets hotter, the park more crowded, we tend to lose our patience, especially for the rude people. We've been to parks in the states and in Eurpoe and I can tell you SDC was by far the worst park I've been to. The people were rude, the park was overcrowded, the rides were okay but nothing spectacular.
Next time we go on a trip I think we'll go camping and do something on a lake or something. Something with some elbow room and not a crowd every where you look.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We rented a pontoon on Table Rock Lake one day and had a helluva lot more fun than we did at SDC or Celebration Station.

I've never been impressed with Branson, honestly. Strip is more crowded than Vegas with traffic and it's just... I dunno... not my cup of tea.

Table Rock was gorgeous, though. Not like we don't have great lakes in OK.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wait... you weren't the 55+ year old guy who weighed in at 350-400+ with the skin tight 5x-size tie-dyed Rasta-style T-shirt that said "YOUNG WILD & FREE" were you????
That was me. You should have said howdy.
Let me complement you on your civil relationship with your ex. Kids need that kind of stuff.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was me. You should have said howdy.
Let me complement you on your civil relationship with your ex. Kids need that kind of stuff.

Thank you. Had to walk away from one "companion" not so long ago because she couldn't deal with it. It's non-negotiable. Really sucked, because I really, really liked her. Well... more than that, but anyways.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way to go to these places is on a middle weekday before or after the summer no-school season, end of story. It's not worth a 1 hour+ wait for 60 seconds of admittedly great fun.

Cedar Point is home to some of the world's best roller coasters and Six Flags in Dallas is a lot of fun, too. Yet again - only if you visit according to the previously described schedule.

Latest posts

Top Bottom