Amusement/theme parks... your thoughts? Warning - long dissertation here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amusement parks and carnivals, gotta love the life if you work in or provide a service to this industry. Am headed back home tomorrow from spending a week at the Iowa state fair working on a coaster photo system with an intermitant problem in the software. Spent the last 15 years running around the country working on coasters. Tried to retire a few years ago and was almost sucesful but old customers keep dragging me back in. Wished I could find someone young and technicial to start turning everything over to, it's an interesting life if you like to travel.

Have no desire to visit an amusement park as a customer..

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frontier City is a joke. We go once in a blue moon.

As for food at amusement parks? I never buy food there. I absolutely refuse.
At SDC we packed in food and drinks with us. Ate well and stayed hydrated for a fraction of the cost. We enjoyed the rides and the cave tour and had a blast.

I will however, freely and happily spend money on over priced fair food. Lol

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont do amusement parks. I dont like rides. Though I have a lady friend who works at frontier city. They only pay her minimum wage.
She has massive......you know.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frontier City is a joke. We go once in a blue moon.

As for food at amusement parks? I never buy food there. I absolutely refuse.
At SDC we packed in food and drinks with us. Ate well and stayed hydrated for a fraction of the cost. We enjoyed the rides and the cave tour and had a blast.

I will however, freely and happily spend money on over priced fair food. Lol

You packed in food and drinks at SDC? Didn't know that was allowed... I guess you could try to sneak it in, but I don't see myself sneaking in much. As for refusing, well, if you're there all day in the heat, you gotta do something. I coulda kept stuff in a cooler in the truck if I wanted to, but didn't plan ahead well enough and wasn't really inclined to hike back out to the far end of Non to grab a sammich.

I was pretty disappointed in the food... previously when I've been there for Octoberfest, I really liked it, 'cause they had not just tons of beer, but also the roasted corn, turkey legs, snausages, etc. But damn, this time it was bad. lol

I do wanna go look up when Octoberfest is... some reason I was thinking they do it in Sept? Seems silly, but that is what I seem to remember...

<edit> Can't find anything about it on their home page.

Where is a good place to celebrate Oktoberfest? I'm in the Eastern half, but would be willing to drive to OKC for a weekend if there's a really good one. Only one I think I've been to was at Frontier City, but that was many many years ago. :/

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amusement parks and carnivals, gotta love the life if you work in or provide a service to this industry. Am headed back home tomorrow from spending a week at the Iowa state fair working on a coaster photo system with an intermitant problem in the software. Spent the last 15 years running around the country working on coasters. Tried to retire a few years ago and was almost sucesful but old customers keep dragging me back in. Wished I could find someone young and technicial to start turning everything over to, it's an interesting life if you like to travel.

Have no desire to visit an amusement park as a customer..

Golden opportunity to insert a great line from the movies:

Last edited by a moderator:

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a lot of years since I've been to Cedar Point, originally from OH, but as a couple other folks have stated, one of the best in the country. Great coasters, but doesn't mean there aren't lines.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disney does pretty good crowd management, but man is it expensive.

I pretty much don't go to amusement parks unless I can go at an off time - I can't STAND the waiting in line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom