An 1100 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from shooting some skeet but not with my 1100. It has developed a problem and thought I'd ask for any possible things to check out before I contact SPDguns. He corrected my other 1100 for me.

The gun will fire, eject and load the next shell but the trigger won't pull at that point. I can eject the shell and then dry fire it. I can load two more shells, the first one shoots, gun ejects and loads the next round but the trigger won't pull, it just doesn't budge, feels like something is blocking it. This is the first hiccup I've had with this one, was functioning great last time I shot it.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the hammer down when you pull the trigger? The bolt might not be going back far enough to cock the hammer when it cycles and the hammer is riding the bolt forward. (Called hammer follow) When you cycle it manually, you are getting the bolt all the way back and therefore cocking the hammer. Probably need a new gas seal or it could be something in the recoil spring system.
To diagnose- on live fire when it loads the next round and the "trigger won't budge", note the position of the trigger in the trigger guard.
Clear the gun then cock it manually making sure you pull the bolt completely to the rear. Let the bolt go forward into battery. Note the position of the trigger, it should be slightly more forward than it was when it wouldn't fire.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.
I checked the o-ring, it looks pretty much like the o-ring on my other 1100, no nicks or tears. Looks aren't definitive but I'm thinking it's okay at this point.
It'll be a day or two to try the live fire test but checking the trigger position should be fairly easy to accomplish once I'm somewhere I can fire it.
Thanks David.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to dp another test fire. It appears the hammer is staying forward against the bolt. I had a dumb*ss attack and didn't look real close at the trigger location but they it looks about the same, whether from a live fire or from a manual cycle. See pics.
First pic is after live fire, second is manual cycle. The trigger looks to be about the same, I'm referencing the spots where the blueing is off.
So, something causing the hammer to ride the bolt forward?

Attachments

• 1100-1.jpg
    1100-1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 1100-2.jpg
    1100-2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 58

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Thanks for the inputs, I had to look at my parts diagram to know what parts were being discussed here. After finding the location of the disconnector and doing some more research I may have found the issue. When I had my other 1100 trigger issue, I was fiddle farting around with this one and that's likely what caused the problem. 🙄

I compared my functional trigger assembly to this one and they were a bit different. I circled the disconnector arm and added an arrow to the part I'm not sure of its' name. I moved the disconnector arm underneath it to match my working trigger and I'll test fire it when I can - unless I'm on the wrong track...?

My feed latch is also loose, need to get it staked.

Attachments

• 1100 Triggers.jpg
    1100 Triggers.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Top Bottom