An AR15 problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it throws it well clear of the gun. I'm kind of leaning to the bolt catch or thereabouts. Kind of sucks a new gun having problems. Oh well I guess I got my next four days mapped out...lol.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Live with it for a little bit longer. There’s probably a little blow by
under the fsb and once it gets all carboned up it’l seal up all nice and tight shouldn’t take
But another 100 rounds.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mag catch spring.

That's where I would start before I jumped into trying to diagnose gassing issues (after making sure I wasn't using crappy magazines of course). It's an easy if it's the issue.

An improperly installed/adjusted magazine release can induce failures.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP said it's ejecting at the 4-5 and hitting the brass deflector, if anything it's slightly over gassed and gas supply wouldn't be the issue. IMO and your mileage may vary

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's where I would start before I jumped into trying to diagnose gassing issues (after making sure I wasn't using crappy magazines of course). It's an easy if it's the issue.

An improperly installed/adjusted magazine release can induce failures.

I've been around AR's for 10+ years and never heard this. How can a something that holds the mag in and can only be adjusted by making in tighter or more loose have anything to do with the function of the rifle? Not being a smartass at all, but I've put many together and just don't see that as anything that would cause an issue unless it wa so loose the mag just fell out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom