An Electrical Warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Replaced all the plugs and switches in my house with Levitton. Bend wire and screw down.

Not that there was an obvious problem, but they were 55 years old. Plugs were 2 prong, now 3.
Ditto!

Replaced all Plugs and switches and plugs in our 38 year old house and added GFCI receptacles in water areas where there were none before. Screwed wires down tight and used Levitton brand.

All old roundish ones replaced with more modern style rectangular. Some of the outlets were getting sloppy from items being plugged in and out over time.

Relatively inexpensive upgrade.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1669226308146.png

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about OKC but in Tulsa, all the crumbly ones usually have a Handy Dan's sticker on them. From the 60's-70's. From before Home Depot, Lowes and even Builders square.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking all the biggies ie Hubbell, Leviton, Arrowhart etc have cheap Chinese contractor crap for being the cheapest rese. bid and then industrial or spec grade plugs, receptacles and wall switches. Sold this stuff for a living and I’ve been in two of the three mentioned plants. And yes as has been stated, you get what you pay Fire.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grounded to water line, that IS old school.

Had a garage, bathroom and utility room built on in '92. It was wired correctly. Made it easier to tie in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom