An FYI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is great news......thanks
Pretty nice prices and the wait times are not too bad
DUE TO INCREASED DEMAND, OUR ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIME IS 15-20 DAYS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you knew this already, but some ammunition makers sell directly to the public online.

I just ordered some 10mm Auto rounds from Federal
That is nice that one can order form the manufacturer. Sucks that the prices are still way inflated. $26 for a 50 pack? That is still insane. When Wallmart quit selling pistol ammunition it was $17 for 100.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is nice that one can order form the manufacturer. Sucks that the prices are still way inflated. $26 for a 50 pack? That is still insane. When Wallmart quit selling pistol ammunition it was $17 for 100.
No, Those are the Suggested Retail Prices. Not the discounted prices most dealer used to sell at.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, Those are the Suggested Retail Prices. Not the discounted prices most dealer used to sell at.
Not sure what you are meaning. Most of us are aware that one can buy below MSRP. Fact of the matter is these prices are still way high. My first thoughts were the prices from the dealer would be much less than the retailer prices.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Manufacturers usually sell at msrp only ( I think it's some kind of non-competition law). Retailers bought at distributor pricing and sell at suggested dealer pricing which used to be 25% or more under suggested retail.
Used to be a distributor bought a box of ammo for $5 sold it to a dealer (depending on size) for between $5.50 + $10 the dealer depending on overhead sold it from $7 - $15 but it had an msrp of $25 which no-one ever paid.
Now we are being trained thru supposed shortages to accept msrp as the new normal.
Once we accept this as the new normal, ammo will return to the shelves.

One thing I would be interested in thru this inventory cleansing, is many years ago the anti-gunners wanted to make ammo have a expiration date. ( powder go bad, or primers die) Has anybody gotten some absolutely new production ammo and looked over the packaging for a date?
The idea was to stop hoarding and stockpiling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom