An Honest Question About Posting Items For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The other things @OK Corgi Rancher that can be frustrating: pictures that show dirty, messy areas, nasty toes and firearms that have accessories on them that are NOT included in the sale. If it is not included, you are keeping them, etc take them OFF before the pictures.

The TOES are my number one thing, and the dump you're in is number two.
If you are a foot model, great, we all might wanna see that and have you start a thread; but if your sh*t looks like you could give a squirrel a run for it's money up a wall, then hell nah. Some can tap out a percussion solo on the concrete I think. Not everybody, but some.
It doesn't take much to throw a blanket or something over your trash or old drawers and socks in the corner before you do your photo shoot.

I'm definitely guilty of the latter leaving stuff on a gun, but I'll either make an effort to correct the item (like a new pic) or give a good explanation or additional pricing if it's included, or some such thing. I know it still drives some people crazy, but oh well. I'm fairly proficient with technology but I don't wanna sync my phone everytime I take a pic. So I tend to email them or something.

As far as the SN thing, I've just always not liked posting it but now I have fun with it and either put obvious changes to it or blot it out or something.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have nothing to hide, or you are a dumb ass!
I’m both, but for other reasons. Most our ssns are out there, but I won’t post it. I don’t give a crap about posting serial numbers. I don’t bother removing them in pics. I do love the people that post gun pics with geolocation embedded in the pics.

Last edited:

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The TOES are my number one thing, and the dump you're in is number two.
If you are a foot model, great, we all might wanna see that and have you start a thread; but if your sh*t looks like you could give a squirrel a run for it's money up a wall, then hell nah. Some can tap out a percussion solo on the concrete I think. Not everybody, but some.
It doesn't take much to throw a blanket or something over your trash or old drawers and socks in the corner before you do your photo shoot.

I'm definitely guilty of the latter leaving stuff on a gun, but I'll either make an effort to correct the item (like a new pic) or give a good explanation or additional pricing if it's included, or some such thing. I know it still drives some people crazy, but oh well. I'm fairly proficient with technology but I don't wanna sync my phone everytime I take a pic. So I tend to email them or something.

As far as the SN thing, I've just always not liked posting it but now I have fun with it and either put obvious changes to it or blot it out or something.
Posting pictures of left side -right side of handgun etc. I don't hide the serial numbers and I find nice place to lay the firearm so it looks good in the pictures. I would not buy something even if it was a reasonable priced Colt Python laying there amongst the used Kotex pads and dirty sox lying on the dirty sheets. Would anyone buy that gun? How was it taken care of?? Geeze!

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen a pawn shop be able to run serial numbers that fast...especially back in the 80s before widespread computerization. Not to mention a near instantaneous response by the police. When I was a cop our city required pawn shops to report their pawn slips within 30 days. Dispatch would then run the serial numbers of various items as they had time...usually on graveyard shift. I've never known NCIC (or most state agencies) to allow private businesses access to databases...in most places it's illegal for state law enforcement agencies to access state databases (in Colorado it was CBI...Colorado Bureau of Investigation) for other than official law enforcement use.

Assuming there's not more to the story, my guess is your brother bought a stolen gun not knowing it was stolen. Which would only support the "don't show serial number" argument if you had something to hide.

I spent a career as a cop and never heard of this being a problem. Never.
You speak the truth. But hard to convince the uninformed!

Latest posts

Top Bottom