An idea for people on OSA with a lot of land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This sounds like a good idea in theory, but I foresee a train wreck coming.
I'm gonna need GPS cords for your land and the next few years hunting it to see if I want to join your group!! Just keep the feeders full this fall and Ill swing by the days your not up to hunt.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dream is to score one of those huge lotto wins and buy at least a mile section with at least one big pond. Build my house (fortress) towards the middle of the section and sell off 10 acre lots along the border to you guys and gals. Make it like a coop on a lot of things. You can buy a calf and run it with the herd as long as you do your part. Same on any grain grown, fruit trees, etc. Everyone grows their own veggies, chickens and other smalls. With right of refusal going to the other members if you decide to sell out.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I considered Atlas E and F sites a few years ago. Dropped the idea when I figured out that their locations were TOO easy to find on the web and they are WAY TOO easy to get into if the shiz hit the fan

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna need GPS cords for your land and the next few years hunting it to see if I want to join your group!! Just keep the feeders full this fall and Ill swing by the days your not up to hunt.
Yeah well, THIS is exactly what I saw coming, and my answer would be not no but:hellno:.

No offense, but I’ve already got to many hangers on with family and friends that are always offering to help me thin the does or take out a “cull buck”.:rolleyes2

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a lawless situation that the OP describes I'm not sure your deed will be worth much. An extra hand or two could be valuable.

Yes...if the club is established in advance, then the deed isn't an issue. But as to whether the land owner is a dictator 6 months into the collapse, I'd think the land owner would be like the figure head, but the board would be like a parliament. Depends on how big the group was I guess. I for one would agree to respect the land owner unless they went rogue. But if that person got ill, you'd have to have a continuity of government setup for the group anyway, so yes, the deed would be moot at some point.

Mines a catch-22... I think they're all worthless, but their amateur chemist skills might come in handy

Yes, I understand not wanting to take in strangers. But for those of you who do own land and don't have the best people to have your back, think about if you had a span of talents (welding, farming, auto repair, medical, etc.) in your group that you would not have otherwise had. If you formed a club from OSA members, and you knew them from club activities for months or years, then you'd feel much better about things than you do now.

Perhaps it needs to be like biker gangs lol where someone is a prospect until the owner and the inner circle agree. Surely there is some formula for how many people per acre can be supported based on some variables. You could probably even charge "dues" for the members to be in your club and have a spot if things went south.

I have various options myself so I don't need to buy land, but all of my options would still be with a handful of folks and a club of other trusted families sounds better to me. Make the rules...no pervs, no thieves, no drugs, etc...I think it could work as long as the club could drop someone just like a fraternity in the rare case a previously vetted person wasn't right for the group.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this was one of the reasons we moved from Chicago ......

We are on a mountain top 100 acres, nearest neighbors five miles one way ...two miles the other way. On a ten mile twisting turning road, live only five families. Three of those have roots on the property since the 1890's. The other neighbors are a small Amish / Mennonite group 70 total, they are wonderful people. Always giving us butter, eggs, bread, honey, more then I can list. The Mennonite are armed and know how to shoot, they invite us to shoot skeet and targets when they shoot on weekends, as they also come over here. They are very tight knit and know how to operate as a group. Our pond is stocked with fish bass, sun fish, blue gill, fed by a natural spring. Three natural wells and a system which collects and stores up to 10,000 gallons rain water.

Very much wild life deer, turkey, wild hogs, and everything in between, as are cattle every place on the thirty mile drive from town. We been preparing I guess since the 1950's...Duck and Cover. But times today are more real and more dangerous. Many of the people around here are off grid, solar power. Our house was just wired for power six years ago.

I have thought of this type of thing happening ( shtf) ....would I post or PM some of the people I know on OSA,...if they needed....a place to escape to with their family. I do worry about everyone, and would be concerned for you guys. I am human you know, really even if I am a mean old bich. I don't think I'd turn no one away.... I know we have the room. Husband might be upset. But I think the main problem would be driving the 220 miles from OKC or the 150 miles from Tulsa to get to here. Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the mouth, As Mike Tyson said....

One of these days I'll have a ENS or bring the family and camp the week end and shoot thing, so many things to do here kayaking, canoeing on the creeks, ATVing ...sights Natural Dam, Ozark Plateau ...maybe might be good to know the way here...someday.

God I pray that this would never happen, who the hell would want all the destruction and death...only a insane person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom