An old school Winchester M70 target rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like they might have cleaned it up (and I mean A LOT of clean up) Last time I was there it was a S-HOLE
Unfortunately, it is what the members make of it. Those pics are from last Saturday afternoon. I was the only one there, and I did pick up quite a bit of trash before leaving. It is hard to believe the mess that some members leave behind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it is what the members make of it. Those pics are from last Saturday afternoon. I was the only one there, and I did pick up quite a bit of trash before leaving. It is hard to believe the mess that some members leave behind.

Any range that allows access to the area without direct supervision see's similar actions from some members. The actions of a few really test the majority that strive to follow the range rules honorably and leave a clean range when they have to go home.

Back on topic, I don't have an original mod 70 in the arsenal.
But! Back when Quail Unlimited was holding Banquets, I paid the $5 to get in that got me in the door prize drawing.
Ended up winning a Win pre 64 Classic Super Grade in .270. Beautiful MonteCarlo walnut stock.
Adjustable trigger, etc.
It's taken many deer over the years and has been my back up gun on elk hunts.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will shoot like this--if you squeeze the trigger gently and pay attention to follow-thru. If you get anxious and just yank the trigger, you'll get the obvious flyer. Eight rounds of Hornady's 150 grain "Custom-Lite" hunting ammo at 100 yards, with one flyer and seven rounds inside an inch.
SANY1433.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom