Anatolian shepherd dog puppy in training..Boy they start em young šŸ˜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I told you guys about running into a couple of them out at the OKGC one night while out picking up brass. Big dogs! Friendly but in the dark they can surprise you.. One walked between my legs and I had to go up on my tip toes. I sat down and must jave spent an hour petting them. I really wanted to take them home with me.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I told you guys about running into a couple of them out at the OKGC one night while out picking up brass. Big dogs! Friendly but in the dark they can surprise you.. One walked between my legs and I had to go up on my tip toes. I sat down and must jave spent an hour petting them. I really wanted to take them home with me.

Speaking of being surprised...

...many, many years back, our family went camping up around Cuchara, Colorado in a canyon off of Highway 12 going up to Blue and Bear Lakes. There had been bear sightings in the campgrounds (usually pull off places along the road up the canyon), so when each new set of campers came in, they were cautioned about taking bear precautions. A number of those camping areas had 3 or 4 campsites and a set of outhouses. With this particular camping area, the outhouses were back in among some trees to where one walked down the road and then up a narrow trail to the facilities.

I had been even staying up at night, trying to get a photo of a bear, but was never successful. However, one night I walked down to the facilities and started into the narrow trail. Suddenly there was a huge creature in front of me and an even huger "WOOF" in my face.

Then I heard a lady's voice from in the trees asking me if their dog had scared me. I told them that I was OK but that I didn't need to go anymore....

....The sad part is that I was the one that walked down to their campsite to warn them of the bear sightings, and I fully knew about their dogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom