And ATF does it again. Sorry for Tommy Built owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in NOLA with the OKARNG during Katrina and we did not do this. I was in wards 5 and 8 specifically and never had orders to confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens. I have some stories, but this specific statement is false in my experience. Now, if you are bunkered up on a roof and shooting at patrolling military...different story (happened).
What??? I find it hard to believe that anyone here would repeat some BS they heard or read on CNN, Fox or any other news station as fact. THANK YOU for sharing with us some first hand experience instead of our stir the pot crowd that lack knowledge but spout off like they have been there and done that. It’s all what if’s and speculation at this point what our local LEOs will do and what orders will be given. Now back to our self righteous, imaginary hurts and victims mentally opinions, carry on.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interested to see the facts that back this statement up or is this just your opinion? Do you know either personally or just what you’ve read about them?

Can't point to specifics, it's been a few years. Things like refusing to sign forms for people to get tax stamps, speaking out against CC and OC rule changes, that sort of thing. Hell, wasn't it our own OHP brass that opposed OC for their general subjects?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah most police chiefs, especially in big cities, are politically-appointed positions. Thus major metro police chiefs often toe the line for their Democrat-run city councils, it's the sheriffs who are elected who are usually more in touch with their constituency and are more apt to cherish the constitution and freedom.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't point to specifics, it's been a few years. Things like refusing to sign forms for people to get tax stamps, speaking out against CC and OC rule changes, that sort of thing. Hell, wasn't it our own OHP brass that opposed OC for their general subjects?
That may have been the prior chief not the current one for OKC, he’s only been there about a year. I can’t say much for Tulsa. OKC chief is new and not at all in line with violating anyone’s Rights. Look him up, you might be surprised. My memory is good, I’m just suggesting look up the new chief before you throw him into the group of past chiefs political positions. It’s too easy to drop a blanket statement without reviewing current facts and/or current chiefs.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may have been the prior chief not the current one for OKC, he’s only been there about a year. I can’t say much for Tulsa. OKC chief is new and not at all in line with violating anyone’s Rights. Look him up, you might be surprised. My memory is good, I’m just suggesting look up the new chief before you throw him into the group of past chiefs political positions. It’s too easy to drop a blanket statement without reviewing current facts and/or current chiefs.

I'll take that at face value, but I think we've all seen enough examples over the years to be skeptical that appointed big city metro police chiefs are going to stand with citizens over their jobs. I'm not saying none of them will, but it seems to be fewer every year. Bottom line is, police chiefs are answerable to the council that hired them, who more often than not these days seem to be political animals more than public servants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom