And now for something completely different... NAMBU TYPE 14

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inherited from my deceased father last year. An Okinawa veteran.

combat_service_id_badge_96th_sustainment_brig_1024x1024.jpeg

96th Infantry Division
Nambu left.jpg

nambu right.jpg

Toward the end of the war they were cranking them out and didn't care about machining.

t14191machining.jpg

Dad called it his minority gun because it didn't work and he couldn't fire it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Japanese like those big knurled safety's on the back of the pistol. Put the same on their rifles. I've got a sporterized 7.7 Jap that has been rebarreled to a .300 savage. Pretty common after the war because it could use the same bolt.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Japanese like those big knurled safety's on the back of the pistol. Put the same on their rifles. I've got a sporterized 7.7 Jap that has been rebarreled to a .300 savage. Pretty common after the war because it could use the same bolt.

The knurled knob is not the safety, that is what is holding the gun together. The safety lever is above the trigger on the left side.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's cool is how simplistic this pistol is. It even has a mag safety that is very simplistic. From what I've read though is due to the angle of the ammo in the mag and problems with the ejector failures were common from FTE to FTL. But you have to admire the simplicity of the design.

Latest posts

Top Bottom