And people wonder why we shouldn't trust the government ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight... The People have to pay back 12.5 million but the government can lose 2.1 Trillion dollars and what happens to them?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight... The People have to pay back 12.5 million but the government can lose 2.1 Trillion dollars and what happens to them?

Well, you said it....

....it is the government. And they get to set the rules as to what counts and why, and to whom.......

......then they want to be re-elected to continue doing the same.

:tounge2:

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While some people didn't realize this. I was always taught read before you sign. Sounds like these ppl heard 8k yes where do i sign. You could opt out and not take it. Had several friends opt out. I bought my house this year and read everything even went to a lawyer when i had questions on stuff. I do feel sorry don't get me wrong. But you should know what your signing when you sign it.

I waited till 09 to buy my condo after doing a bunch of reading on the tax credit. Since they make they rules, I'd be highly ticked if they decided to make everybody repay the credit. It started off as new homeowners credit, then second homeowners...

Well, you said it....

....it is the government. And they get to set the rules as to what counts and why, and to whom.......

......then they want to be re-elected to continue doing the same.

:tounge2:

THe bad part is most of the time they are reelected because the public thinks their Representive is doing the best job...even though Congress approval rating is in single digits.

308shooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was told if you dont stay in your house for 3 years youd have to pay back the balance of your homeowners credit say you got 8k and stayed 2 years youd figure youd have to pay back 6 grand or something like that but its only if you move out is what my relitor told me. sorry for bad spelling

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should've waited until tomorrow to revive this thread. Would've been 12 years on the nose. I think that's the oldest thread revival I've ever seen.

:woohoo1:

And BTW... The EIC has been around since I started filing taxes with a family back in the 70s. It's not a loan. It's a credit that lowers the amount of tax due for working, lower income families.

Latest posts

Top Bottom