And people wonder why we shouldn't trust the government ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I read on that article as well was that the people vacated the home or it was not considered their primary residence before the 3 years was up.

Not 100% true... my parents are having to pay it back and they still live in the house they bought in 2008.

The way it was explained to them initially was that while one of them (my mother) was not a first-time homebuyer, the other was (my stepdad), so they qualified for the first-time homebuyer's credit. They found out later that wasn't true, so now they're having to pay it back.

Not cool, but oh well... live and learn... don't trust the .gov, lawyers, tax people, realtors, etc... lol

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you had to have a primary residence for only two yrs before you got hammered with taxes. Is this maybe different if you took the first time "loan" money?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of these days Y'all are gonna figure out that any stimulus or payback or what ever from these shysters in office now is nothing but a back door tax.
Think about it.

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On a similiar note, my brother(retired army) recieved $250 veterans stimulus check last year. Guess what? The IRS called this year and said he owed $251.00 in taxes for the $250.00 veterans benifit he recieved!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a similiar note, my brother(retired army) recieved $250 veterans stimulus check last year. Guess what? The IRS called this year and said he owed $251.00 in taxes for the $250.00 veterans benifit he recieved!

:mad: OMG!!! This kind of stuff makes me really, really "not happy" **grumble** :madbox:

Tell your brother thank you for his service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom