And people wonder why we shouldn't trust the government ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a similiar note, my brother(retired army) recieved $250 veterans stimulus check last year. Guess what? The IRS called this year and said he owed $251.00 in taxes for the $250.00 veterans benifit he recieved!

When I filed my taxes last year, that was what held it up. It's nice that the gov floated me a loan I didn't need or want with a dollar as interest.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess I am just damn lucky that I didn't get the so called "tax credit" when we bought our new house. We signed the papers 11 days early, and I thought I was screwed out of a credit.

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I filed my taxes last year, that was what held it up. It's nice that the gov floated me a loan I didn't need or want with a dollar as interest.

Yeah, He was some kinda pissed! Called the IRS guy and vented quite profusely. When he finished the guy said he understood completely and said they had been getting an extremely large number of vets calling and venting their frustration. Unbelievable.( Badgebunny thanks for your appreciation of his service) He served three tours in Nam. Yeah I'm proud of him!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, He was some kinda pissed! Called the IRS guy and vented quite profusely. When he finished the guy said he understood completely and said they had been getting an extremely large number of vets calling and venting their frustration. Unbelievable.( Badgebunny thanks for your appreciation of his service) He served three tours in Nam. Yeah I'm proud of him!

I have dated a few guys who did multiple tours in Nam. Got nothing but respect for those guys. GC works with a fella who is a VN vet. He is quite a character! Has no problem telling anyone where it is or where it needs to be ... I adore him. Soon as he leaves his wife, I am gonna stalk him! :hyper:

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have dated a few guys who did multiple tours in Nam. Got nothing but respect for those guys. GC works with a fella who is a VN vet. He is quite a character! Has no problem telling anyone where it is or where it needs to be ... I adore him. Soon as he leaves his wife, I am gonna stalk him! :hyper:

Sounds just like my bro, went out as a master sargeant(Top) so yeah, he does have that mindset!

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had seen several articles on how the .gov was screwing car dealerships out of the cash for clunkers money, but this was the first one I had seen on the homebuyer's tax credit.

You should have seen some of the stuff dealerships were sending trying to get credit for. Not saying that the .gov didn't screw anyone, but dealing with dealerships is rough.

I guess I am just damn lucky that I didn't get the so called "tax credit" when we bought our new house. We signed the papers 11 days early, and I thought I was screwed out of a credit.

I am with you on that one. Everyone kept saying, aren't you pissed you didn't get the "credit" and I always replied, he!! no I am not pissed. This way I don't have to pay it back or have to worry about it.

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While some people didn't realize this. I was always taught read before you sign. Sounds like these ppl heard 8k yes where do i sign. You could opt out and not take it. Had several friends opt out. I bought my house this year and read everything even went to a lawyer when i had questions on stuff. I do feel sorry don't get me wrong. But you should know what your signing when you sign it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom