And so it begins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I don't have the gauges I'm taking it to a LGS here in BA to have it tested.

why? headspace in an AR is not adjustable. only thing that will change headspace is a different spec'd bolt. i check head space with dummy rounds i made up, if it feeds, goes into battery and extracts it's good to go

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why? headspace in an AR is not adjustable. only thing that will change headspace is a different spec'd bolt. i check head space with dummy rounds i made up, if it feeds, goes into battery and extracts it's good to go
Probably is good to go. I believe it’s rare that anyone finds any problems when checking headspace, especially with parts from reputable brands, but mistakes do happen. If I’m going to make something explode inches from my face, I’m going to do everything within reason to make sure that explosion doesn’t blow my face off. Some guys will say “I’ve built dozens of ARs and never had a problem.” Sorry, that’s not a big enough sample size for me. Excessive headspace does contribute to kabooms, even if it’s rare. Checking headspace correctly on an AR is cheap and easy. Don’t take a chance. Do it.

Or don’t. I don’t care. :D But I always do it for every new bolt and barrel combination.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to Nikatkimber my final parts order is placed. Picked up the barrel and comp from the link they provided, bought the UTG handguard they recommended as well, and just ordered my Superlative Arms adjustable gas block (clamp on style as I couldn't find if Advantage Ballistic pre-dimples their barrels). Only thing left is the gas tube and I'll get that locally. So here is the final list:

PSA Snek lower
PSA non-Tmark upper
Fostech Echo ARII binary trigger
Tactical Expressions for the following:
don't tread dust cover
(the rest are cerakoted red)
take down pins
mag catch
mag release
bolt catch
forward assist
buffer tube
buffer plate
trigger guard
Magpul MOE adjustable butt stock
Magpul MIAD pistol grip
DSG AR15 Enhanced BCG
Ballistic Advantage Government profile mid gas 16" 5.56 barrel
Kaw Valley Precision linear comp
Superlative Arms Adjustable gas block .750 clamp on style
UTG Pro-Mlok 15" two tone ultra-slim rail hand guard

Misc hardware was bought local (detents, springs, roll pins, etc)

Binary starts at 2:15, I wanted one until I seen the price, looks like plenty of fun though.. And yes boobies make me smile too..

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Binary starts at 2:15, I wanted one until I seen the price, looks like plenty of fun though.. And yes boobies make me smile too..

Yeah, my Echo trigger was by far the most expensive part at $430. But sometimes you gotta pay a bit more to have more fun. Ask any hooker, she'll say the same thing :D

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tania, you built a nice looking rifle. I admire you taking on a project like this for the first time, almost totally on your own.

Guys, I don't mean this in a negative way, but what is the attraction of a binary trigger? From seeing what they cost, and the cost of ammo, it seems like it might be more convenient to just go out in the yard every week and set fire to a few twenties! Again, I'm not criticizing because I do plenty of things that probably seem like a waste to a lot of you, I'm just courious.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tania, you built a nice looking rifle. I admire you taking on a project like this for the first time, almost totally on your own.

Guys, I don't mean this in a negative way, but what is the attraction of a binary trigger? From seeing what they cost, and the cost of ammo, it seems like it might be more convenient to just go out in the yard every week and set fire to a few twenties! Again, I'm not criticizing because I do plenty of things that probably seem like a waste to a lot of you, I'm just courious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom