Android app question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Downloaded and installed the app for my new hearing aids on my phone. Decided it would be a good thing to be able to stream audio from this tablet also, I watch allot of YouTube videos on the tablet. When I went to the app store and searched for the app I couldn't get it to show up even searching for the exact name.

Of course I am using the same Google account on both devices. Is there some reason Google will only let one install an app on only one device? I have the same email app on both? Weird...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the an older tablet? Or maybe a Kindle?
Google won't show you apps that "aren't compatible" with your device.
You could try what's called "sideloading" to get the app on the tablet.
This can be a bit cumbersome though.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, checked and discovered the tablet is Android 9 my phone is 10. Think you hit it on the head, durn it.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides what Catt57 says, many apps work for the phone only or tablet only. For instance, Petsmart app, only works on phones. They do not have a app for tablets

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Downloaded and installed the app for my new hearing aids on my phone. Decided it would be a good thing to be able to stream audio from this tablet also, I watch allot of YouTube videos on the tablet. When I went to the app store and searched for the app I couldn't get it to show up even searching for the exact name.

Of course I am using the same Google account on both devices. Is there some reason Google will only let one install an app on only one device? I have the same email app on both? Weird...

What kind of hearing aids are you using, if you don't mind sharing. I may be headed down that road sooner or later. My doc and I have been bantering back and forth about it for a year.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides what Catt57 says, many apps work for the phone only or tablet only. For instance, Petsmart app, only works on phones. They do not have a app for tablets
Is that why I am unable to make a grooming appointment on this silly tablet, learn something new everyday.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of hearing aids are you using, if you don't mind sharing. I may be headed down that road sooner or later. My doc and I have been bantering back and forth about it for a year.
Mine were supplied by the VA, Starkey Livio edge ai, retail for about $3500 each. I really like the durn things but would have never spent that much if it wasn't for the VA. They sure do not cheap out on hearing aids, from what I have discovered these are the top of the line and latest technology.

Latest posts

Top Bottom