Anger toward media spreads into local communities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. Huntley and Brinkley were already reporting on the absurdity of the government running a war with two men in the white house directing every move like a chess game.
Cronkite finally folded and the war in the streets of America began in earnest.
People think this discord among the political parties is bad. You ain't seen the 60's and 70's. This crap doesn't hold a candle to then.
Lived that period. It was a very dangerous time for our country.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lived that period. It was a very dangerous time for our country.

Me too. The violence in the streets was a sight to see and Oklahoma wasn't out of the picture in the college towns. Colleges as small as NOC in Tonkawa had clashes between the anti-war and Pro-war protesters. Lots or marchers and taunters.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. Huntley and Brinkley were already reporting on the absurdity of the government running a war with two men in the white house directing every move like a chess game.
Cronkite finally folded and the war in the streets of America began in earnest.
People think this discord among the political parties is bad. You ain't seen the 60's and 70's. This crap doesn't hold a candle to then.

It's getting there. I do think you're right, I was just a kid but do remember some of it. But what I see different today is the public calls for unrest by elected officials (current and former) and also seeing them heckled in public along with their staff. I don't think we have the respect being shown today that was back then in that regard. But yes, the Anitfa stuff is pretty lame compared to back then.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't add anything, I remember the news I received was censored since I was in Vietnam. I was sort of working and it of the loop. I can't be critical about people not keeping up with current events, they're simply trying to make it until payday.
But today we are living in a period never thought I'd see, anger, politicians acting like school children, bitterness, etc. Maybe the government hasn't been too honest with us or thinks we can't handle the truth.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's getting there. I do think you're right, I was just a kid but do remember some of it. But what I see different today is the public calls for unrest by elected officials (current and former) and also seeing them heckled in public along with their staff. I don't think we have the respect being shown today that was back then in that regard. But yes, the Anitfa stuff is pretty lame compared to back then.

No we don't have the SLA, Weathermen, or others like that acting out violently, I honestly wonder if it's because they learned from the 60's and are playing a more subtle emotional game publicly. And even though it's not as bad as the 60's there is more violence going on than is being talked about a lot, unless it can be pinned on the right. Couple of interesting articles about the 60's to now comparison and some of the violence not being noticed.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-30/brief-history-leftist-political-violence-year

http://buchanan.org/blog/is-this-worse-than-68-130409

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's no wonder that the atmosphere is getting toxic. In addition to everything else, CNN's Don Lemon is stating that "white men are the worst terror threat."

CNN Host Don Lemon Says White Men are Biggest Terror Threat to Americans

"CNN host Don Lemon is under fire after a disturbing, on-air rant in which he declared that “white men” are the biggest terror threat to the United States, noted that "there is no white-guy ban" and wondered aloud, "what do we do about that?"

“Cuomo Prime Time” host Chris Cuomo and Lemon were discussing the recent shooting of two black men in Kentucky that is being investigated as a hate crime when his Monday guest and colleague took the conversation off the rails.

“I keep trying to point out to people not to demonize any one group or any one ethnicity, but we keep thinking that the biggest terror threat is something else," Lemon said. "Some people who are marching towards the border like it’s imminent. And the last time they did this, a couple of hundred people came and they, you know, most of them didn’t get into the country. Most of them got tuckered out before they even made it to the border,” Lemon told his CNN colleague. “So we have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them.”"

Chris Cuomo was on with him and didn't say anything about what Lemon said.

However, Deroy Murdock did have something to say later.

"Fox News contributor Deroy Murdock said the racism coming from the left and mainstream media has become “breathtaking,” pointing to Lemon’s comment as the latest example.

“Lemon’s latest spurt of acid is a most unusual plea for national unity. ‘We have to stop demonizing people,’ and then, just two words later, a blast of divisiveness worthy of a machete,” Murdock said. “Painting with a roller rather than a mere broad brush, Lemon slams millions of his fellow Americans. He does not say they are wrong, mistaken, or misinformed. Rather, that are a ‘terror threat.’"

Murdock continued: "Even worse, Lemon advises, ‘We have to start doing something about them.’ I shudder at the thought of what Lemon has in mind.”

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Just for starters: Google Nixon San Jose Riot 1970. Harassment of public officials was incomparably worse in those days, But there were fewer cameras and less TV.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's no wonder that the atmosphere is getting toxic. In addition to everything else, CNN's Don Lemon is stating that "white men are the worst terror threat."

CNN Host Don Lemon Says White Men are Biggest Terror Threat to Americans

"CNN host Don Lemon is under fire after a disturbing, on-air rant in which he declared that “white men” are the biggest terror threat to the United States, noted that "there is no white-guy ban" and wondered aloud, "what do we do about that?"

“Cuomo Prime Time” host Chris Cuomo and Lemon were discussing the recent shooting of two black men in Kentucky that is being investigated as a hate crime when his Monday guest and colleague took the conversation off the rails.

“I keep trying to point out to people not to demonize any one group or any one ethnicity, but we keep thinking that the biggest terror threat is something else," Lemon said. "Some people who are marching towards the border like it’s imminent. And the last time they did this, a couple of hundred people came and they, you know, most of them didn’t get into the country. Most of them got tuckered out before they even made it to the border,” Lemon told his CNN colleague. “So we have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them.”"

Chris Cuomo was on with him and didn't say anything about what Lemon said.

However, Deroy Murdock did have something to say later.

"Fox News contributor Deroy Murdock said the racism coming from the left and mainstream media has become “breathtaking,” pointing to Lemon’s comment as the latest example.

“Lemon’s latest spurt of acid is a most unusual plea for national unity. ‘We have to stop demonizing people,’ and then, just two words later, a blast of divisiveness worthy of a machete,” Murdock said. “Painting with a roller rather than a mere broad brush, Lemon slams millions of his fellow Americans. He does not say they are wrong, mistaken, or misinformed. Rather, that are a ‘terror threat.’"

Murdock continued: "Even worse, Lemon advises, ‘We have to start doing something about them.’ I shudder at the thought of what Lemon has in mind.”

Terrorists constitute a tiny fraction of the white men in this country. White men are not a monolith. Most terrorists are white men. Most white men are not terrorists. These are facts. I shouldn't let facts hurt my feelings, but I do. I'm a white man myself. Terrorists don't represent me just because they share my ethnicity. Why is it ok to hurt my feelings? It isn't ok to hurt other people's feelings.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terrorists constitute a tiny fraction of the white men in this country. White men are not a monolith. Most terrorists are white men. Most white men are not terrorists. These are facts. I shouldn't let facts hurt my feewing, but I do. I'm a white man myself. Why is it ok to hurt my feewings? It isn't ok to hurt other people's feewings.
Yes, everyone should get a participation trophy in life. It would be nice to have the world gather around a campfire and sing kumbaya. Wouldn't live be grand?
Well, now that we just got over that fantasy, where do we go now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom