Angled and vertical foregrips - line of demarcation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I googled it, but either I'm using the wrong search words or my google fu is just too weak today. Does anyone know at what point an angled foregrip stops being angled and starts being a vertical foregrip? Is 89 degrees the transition point, or are there parameters other than the angle of the grip relative to the barrel / hand guard? Being able to wrap the hand around the grip, or what?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I dig and dug and called a few peeps. Nothing other than the apparently obvious answer you have already given. To quote a friend that is in the business "um, any degree of angle off the 90 deg axis of the handguards is obviously angled." So after telling him he was a prick and hanging up, I assume your assumption is correct. Sorry I could not get more informative data.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for checking. I can't imagine the grip angle is the only determining factor, otherwise there would be a market for 89-degree grips for people who want to put such a foregrip on an AR pistol without needing to fill out, and get approved, the AOW paperwork.

Latest posts

Top Bottom