Animal control.....and the search for rural property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not saying coyotes don’t eat your domestic animals, we all know they do. I’m saying I don’t believe it’s yotes that got mine and all the neighbors cats, but ****, this is OSA, let’s go ahead on and have a 6 page argument about it.

Don't sell yourself short. If we include fox and 'squatches we should be able to get a 12 page debate out of it.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s the coyotes where I’m at that had got all the cats. I’ve seen them scurry up a tree flat fast when a dog got after them, and there are a bunch of trees where I am. Me thinks it’s bigger cats. Particularly the ones with short tails, but you are correct; 7-8 years is old for a country cat. Most don’t make it that long unless they are mighty wily.

We have a cat that has been known to tangle with the "big cats" and win. We got to witness it once when a Bob cat decided to come out of the wood line late one evening. This little black ball of fur came out of nowhere, puffed up and hissed, then causally swiped that Bob right on the nose. The look of sheer shock on the Bob's face was hilarious. It decided it wanted none of that and promptly darted back into the woods.
Our little black furball came trotting back up to the house all full of himself as if to say "See what i just did? I just saved you all."

He has been an outside cat most of his life. First in the city, now in the country. Going on about 6-7 years old now.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of good Jack Russells will take care of your cat and rat problems...

anim_coffee.gif

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idiots in tulsa dont know what the 5' leash law is they let their dogs up to my fence to harass my dogs in my backyard and think they are doing nothing wrong ! so i politely inform them ill have them arrested for tresspassing... sucks but people think they can do whatever nowadays.!
I dealt with the same thing, we live next to a school. Several folks like to let their dogs "say hi" to mine while mine are going out of their minds barking. I've asked several not to do it, most are agreeable. Some were not, I found a motion activated sprinkler to be an outstanding tool to keep people, and their dogs away from my fence.

Regarding cats free roaming in the city, Tulsa has a leash law that applies to cats, but many think it doesn't apply to them. Not that I would ever condone it, but I suspect cats get shot in the city too, or trapped and shot in the country, so I've been told.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every farm ive been on has had cats but you got to consider they probably hunt quail and such just like we do!
You haven’t been on mine. Cats in the country are the scourge of ground nesting birds.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...billions-of-small-critters-each-year-7814590/
Cats are kill on sight in my neck of the woods.
I have a couple black snakes that keep the barn rodent free during the summer and I have traps in the winter.
Cats not required.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan, either. I don't like it that cats just kill birds or other critters for fun. And few things piss me off more than finding cat paw prints on my truck.
Agree on all points. Friend has a couple cats in the country. They have brought many different specie of animals to his door alive just to torture them on his patio before killing them and walking off.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You haven’t been on mine. Cats in the country are the scourge of ground nesting birds.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...billions-of-small-critters-each-year-7814590/
Cats are kill on sight in my neck of the woods.
I have a couple black snakes that keep the barn rodent free during the summer and I have traps in the winter.
Cats not required.
They were for us too, back when I was a fairly avid hunter. Between quail, cotton tails and about any other small game, there's no telling how much damage they do??? Not to mention having parvo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom