Animals in our lives makes us all better 🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you know they ain't wearing depends? And are just pissing all over themselves with the shear joy of being in your presence. Think positive man!!
You've never met me or you'd understand. The only thing I've got going for me is a great rear end, cause I can always hear them say "what an a$$!" when I'm leaving. Guess I'll just stick to my pets....:comfort:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog is the only person here who is always glad to see me, and always misses me when I'm gone. Had a scare last week, found a huge lump on his rear left hock. Took him to our vet, rather expecting to have to have him put down. Was a lipoma. Removed, back home Friday afternoon. Easy surgery, and about half the cost we expected. Got some little El Arroyo Restaurants sign magnets on the frig.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

People I like: 1. Dogs

Petting a dog counts as partying.

I also like cats, but not enough to add them to the list, so far. ;) Had to take the one I did like that much to the vet a couple of years ago to cross the Rainbow Bridge. So VERY happy I didn't have to say goodbye to my dog!

I guess I was partying last Sunday. Our church small group had a "kid's day" with a meal in one of our homes and finding Easter eggs afterwards. While the kids were out gathering the eggs, the homeowner's dog kept walking around and checking everyone out. I petted him and scratched his ears for about a minute. Next thing I knew, he was seeking me out again.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went over 25 years without a dog. This one was supposed to be some bastardized mini, but he was not and they tossed him in a ditch like a piece of trash. I cannot see being without him now. 74lbs of pure buddy’ness! His name is Buddy, and he is half human, he learns anything you ask and he understands words. He is 8-0 on vermin. And on Cats he is nice if they are, but he is not if they are not! He allows nothing in his area. Humans if they are ok’d by us, otherwise he will make them not want to be there. Loves kids, women but not so much grown males. He will allow kids to pet, love and whatever they want for as long as they want. But grown adults he will let them pet just a bit as he smells them then he comes sits by the wife or I and usually will never let them pet him again at that visit. Frisbee playing dude! Loves riding in the Truck, on top of hay trailers and swims like a fish! He can hear anyone or anything from inside the house, gravel driveway noise sets him off, such a watchdog. I am glad we found him, He is a blessing to us as we get older, built in security alarm!

Kingsize bed he is on!
8F029AF6-56D4-47E3-94DC-80553FBD90E6.jpeg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife took this last week. I had just got in from work and was still listening to a book, and when I sat down, I was swarmed by the “people” that love me most.
View attachment 361981
There's those lap cats! I've been wondering how they're doing. Don't have to wonder anymore....they've got it made in the shade.:clap3:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s been a rough day! I let our dogs outside around 6:30 this morning. About an hour later, I found our beautiful country mutt laying dead in the yard. She was only 8 years old, and I have no idea what happened. She seemed fine this morning, and I didn’t hear any signs of distress after she went outside. I didn’t see any signs of an injury either. I have no idea how she passed. Anyway, she was a true country dog that always put a smile on my face. She was so ugly that she was beautiful! I always told her how pretty she was, and it always made her little nub of a tail wag like it was going to fall off. Cassie was definitely one of a kind. I expected her to be around for many years to come.

She had one brown eye and blue eye
1783CBE6-A4CE-4FE7-91ED-E688FF24C7F9.jpeg

E03E3FEC-9D47-4F17-863A-6CCA566F6013.jpeg

Her true country dog personality at its finest
FF8E64E4-C91E-48AC-B734-85CF96E1F55F.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s been a rough day! I let our dogs outside around 6:30 this morning. About an hour later, I found our beautiful country mutt laying dead in the yard. She was only 8 years old, and I have no idea what happened. She seemed fine this morning, and I didn’t hear any signs of distress after she went outside. I didn’t see any signs of an injury either. I have no idea how she passed. Anyway, she was a true country dog that always put a smile on my face. She was so ugly that she was beautiful! I always told her how pretty she was, and it always made her little nub of a tail wag like it was going to fall off. Cassie was definitely one of a kind. I expected her to be around for many years to come.

She had one brown eye and blue eye
View attachment 362300
View attachment 362301

Her true country dog personality at its finest
View attachment 362303

I'm so sorry! I had that happen with a feral cat that took a likin' to me. He would let me pet him as long as I was sitting in a chair on the porch but wouldn't ever let me pick him up. He got along great with all my other cats at the time. Looked out one Sunday morning after I'd fed him to see him sunning himself. Looked out a couple hours later and he was still in the exact same spot. Never did figure out what happened -- just know he died with a full tummy, sleeping in the sunshine, knowing he was loved. We should all be so lucky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom