Animals in our lives makes us all better 🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girl Sadie turns 10 years old today. She is the best dog I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I was very lucky and blessed when I decided to get her sight unseen. My daughter had purchased her brother and I saw how intelligent he was, so I asked my daughter if the individual had any other pups available. He had one more left; a female that was the runt of the litter. I told her I would take it.

Sadie was 10 weeks old when I got her. She had only 1 and 1 ½ accidents in the house. I scolded the first time by growling at her. The second time I caught her squatting to pee; caught her - scolded her and took her outside. She never had another accident after that.

Sadie is not a digger in the yard nor is she an endless barker and only barks if there is a good reason to bark. We had a Jack Russell that would bark non-stop when outside and a digger.

Sadie is the most intelligent dog I have ever had. Sadie is not the most intelligent dog in the world; but she quite intelligent. She knows many words, commands, tricks and obeys me. She is very loyal and wants to be with me or know exactly where I am at all times.

Sadie loves to ride and we have traveled to 10 States together. She loves playing Frisbee and fetch. Now that she is getting older, she doesn’t have the energy she had when she was younger, so she only wants to play for shorter intervals.

I couldn’t ask for a better dog. I got lucky with this one. I sure hope she lives another 10 years.

Happy Birthday Sadie!

Pictures of Sadie as a puppy.
I used to have a dog with same name and looked alot like her. A red Healer.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s been a rough day! I let our dogs outside around 6:30 this morning. About an hour later, I found our beautiful country mutt laying dead in the yard. She was only 8 years old, and I have no idea what happened. She seemed fine this morning, and I didn’t hear any signs of distress after she went outside. I didn’t see any signs of an injury either. I have no idea how she passed. Anyway, she was a true country dog that always put a smile on my face. She was so ugly that she was beautiful! I always told her how pretty she was, and it always made her little nub of a tail wag like it was going to fall off. Cassie was definitely one of a kind. I expected her to be around for many years to come.

She had one brown eye and blue eye
View attachment 362300
View attachment 362301

Her true country dog personality at its finest
View attachment 362303
I just now saw you post and I'm so sorry for your loss.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shes a gun kitty

1682118091402.png
1682118091402.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom