Another article on tomato shortage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pollinators are what scares me. I have only seen about 5 bees this year.
I have a hive in my Maple that needs to come down, is dying and DANGEROUS, west side of house, 15’ from where I sit at night. I’ve got estimates on tree removal but no one to rescue 🐝 hive.. so now just going to trim off house crunching widow makers. Storms never bothered me before, but now I shake when 60+ mph winds predicted with storms.. I’m doing my part to save bee’s, AND costing me .. but 🤷‍♂️

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hive in my Maple that needs to come down, is dying and DANGEROUS, west side of house, 15’ from where I sit at night. I’ve got estimates on tree removal but no one to rescue 🐝 hive.. so now just going to trim off house crunching widow makers. Storms never bothered me before, but now I shake when 60+ mph winds predicted with storms.. I’m doing my part to save bee’s, AND costing me .. but 🤷‍♂️
Maybe call some local bee keepers. They might want to come out and get them.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many will often advertise swarm removal, you might check craigslist or social media.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best time to rescue bees is spring before buildup and swarm season. Need to give them time to build up for the winter.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surprised that no one is wanting to rescue the bees. I'm sure there has to be a Bee Keeper in the Phone book or on line? Best of luck in finding someone as Bees are a fact of life and now dying off and we need them.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe call some local bee keepers. They might want to come out and get them.
I’ve tried.. inside trunk, and wrong time of year to move hive, wouldn’t live, is what some have told me. I’ve still got calls out, and BEE GROUPS looking..

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best time to rescue bees is spring before buildup and swarm season. Need to give them time to build up for the winter.
This is what I’ve been told, that if moved now would not survive.. plus inside tree, so 99% don’t want to deal with them.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surprised that no one is wanting to rescue the bees. I'm sure there has to be a Bee Keeper in the Phone book or on line? Best of luck in finding someone as Bees are a fact of life and now dying off and we need them.
I’ve talked to several, and have groups looking, and told wrong time of year. Not an easy removal..

Latest posts

Top Bottom