Another article on tomato shortage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many will often advertise swarm removal, you might check craigslist or social media.
I have plus FB Central OK Beekeepers Assoc COBA.. I’m trying, maybe more luck later, they say wrong time to move, they wouldn’t survive a move at this time of year… so going to wait..

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have plus FB Central OK Beekeepers Assoc COBA.. I’m trying, maybe more luck later, they say wrong time to move, they wouldn’t survive a move at this time of year… so going to wait..
If it was me, I would set up a Bee house, hive or whatever they call it next to the tree and see if they will like it better.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EdySTpMWsAEb6CZ.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I’ve been told, that if moved now would not survive.. plus inside tree, so 99% don’t want to deal with them.
It is possible for them to survive if a bee keeper had some drawn comb to put the bees on. Feed 2:1 sugar syrup and pollen patties to get some food stores going. Put some sugar on top of newspaper directly on top of frames when it gets colder. Keep space reduced for the size of the cluster.

It just takes a little more hands on this time of year. Still time for brood if the queen isn't accidentally killed in the removal.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was me, I would set up a Bee house, hive or whatever they call it next to the tree and see if they will like it better.
They’re about 8’off of ground and enter the 2 holes via crack around edge of filling. Inside is HOLLOW.. hit it with a hammer and can easily tell.. I kept getting trimmed down… now it’s either take down or afraid nature will, on house😖 You can see dilemma of setting up a bee house for them due to their penthouse suite, with 2 entrances..
1662097918702.jpeg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They’re about 8’off of ground and enter the 2 holes via crack around edge of filling. Inside is HOLLOW.. hit it with a hammer and can easily tell.. I kept getting trimmed down… now it’s either take down or afraid nature will, on house😖 You can see dilemma of setting up a bee house for them due to their penthouse suite, with 2 entrances..
View attachment 299752

Tough call on that one.

But if the house is in danger of that tree falling, hate to say it but that hive is not going to make it.

Sounds like you have tried to do the right thing. I would do what I needed to and move on.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough call on that one.

But if the house is in danger of that tree falling, hate to say it but that hive is not going to make it.

Sounds like you have tried to do the right thing. I would do what I needed to and move on.
Thanks, that’s what I’d like to do, but Wife has 40 years of sentimental attachment to tree.. or 3 years ago, last trimming, I would have completely removed then. I care about the bee’s, and it is “better” around house when wife is happy. 🙄 - Probably get it trimmed again, to point where The Tree Guy says is safe.. Gives me time.. plus bids to remove were from $2500 (door canvases) to $5000. I got one to agree to 3k, and that about kills me.. trimming to safe $800.. my heads spinning.. and now I hate storms 💥
Thanks for all the feedback 🙏👍

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the bees are in the trunk under the entrance, cut down to the entrance. Nail a board on top and leave the bees till next year. You just need to cut the tree down to the bee level for the winter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom