Another article on tomato shortage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s what I’d like to do, but Wife has 40 years of sentimental attachment to tree.. or 3 years ago, last trimming, I would have completely removed then. I care about the bee’s, and it is “better” around house when wife is happy. 🙄 - Probably get it trimmed again, to point where The Tree Guy says is safe.. Gives me time.. plus bids to remove were from $2500 (door canvases) to $5000. I got one to agree to 3k, and that about kills me.. trimming to safe $800.. my heads spinning.. and now I hate storms 💥
Thanks for all the feedback 🙏👍

Sentimental or not, that tree is dangerous (yes, I know, preaching to the choir). Tell her that I coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the neighbor's tree dropping that branch on me. I am looking at yet ANOTHER surgery to deal with the aftermath of the CONSTANT pain and mobility issues it left me with -- and I am one of the lucky ones. Most people wind up paralyzed -- or worse. 😢 Big trees like that are nothing to trifle with.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sentimental or not, that tree is dangerous (yes, I know, preaching to the choir). Tell her that I coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the neighbor's tree dropping that branch on me. I am looking at yet ANOTHER surgery to deal with the aftermath of the CONSTANT pain and mobility issues it left me with -- and I am one of the lucky ones. Most people wind up paralyzed -- or worse. 😢 Big trees like that are nothing to trifle with.
Wow, sorry to hear.. and I totally agree with you.. it’s an accident waiting to happen. Hope you continue to get better.. very sad. 🙏

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nail some screen over the entrance at night if you have people afraid of bee stings when cutting the part above them.
Both good suggestions. I do want more cut than the tree guy does.. down to trunk level and boarding up would be ideal.. until I could get someone to WANT the bee’s.. and get them out when dormant in Winter. 👍

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, apologies for high jacking thread.. last tree/bee post from me. I just took a pic that really shows the size of the dead branches, and really how dangerous they are… That Gurl - you put the reality into this, is better to control the fall of dead limb then possibly hurt people or property. You think my wife would get it, my stepson had a tree come down in Dallas and took all power out on block for a week 💥😖

Attachments

• 1662218830363.jpeg
    1662218830363.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had good luck pollinating tomato blossoms using a small artist paint brush. Just lightly sweep the brush into a blossom, then move to the next one. Be sure to cross-pollenate between the different vines.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI, tomato plants have a perfect flower. Both male and female , no pollinators necessary. They are pollinated by wind/ movement . Just shake the stalk to distribute the pollen.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Farmers in CA are being paid to destroy crops, in a time where there is great concern about food shortages.

Tomatoes, wheat crops being burned.
We have to wonder what the reasoning behind this is. Is it pure evil? What is the reasoning behind this? It makes no sense to me. Is it some type of BS tree with another nation? This needs to change immediately.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have to wonder what the reasoning behind this is. Is it pure evil? What is the reasoning behind this? It makes no sense to me. Is it some type of BS tree with another nation? This needs to change immediately.

On the surface the claim is due to threat of lack of water from lakes mead and powell.

IMO it goes deeper. When looking at the economic downturn we are seeing, the threats of fuel and food shortages world wide.

When fuel and food are cheap and abundant its difficult to control a population. Take away, ration or restrict the availability of those items and make them more expensive, you now control a population.

Oh we see you are still tithing to a church, says one of the newly hired 87,000 irs agents, well that lowers your social standing number you are now restricted in travel and communication for 6 months. Hypothetical of course, but whose to say it wont happen.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s what I’d like to do, but Wife has 40 years of sentimental attachment to tree.. or 3 years ago, last trimming, I would have completely removed then. I care about the bee’s, and it is “better” around house when wife is happy. 🙄 - Probably get it trimmed again, to point where The Tree Guy says is safe.. Gives me time.. plus bids to remove were from $2500 (door canvases) to $5000. I got one to agree to 3k, and that about kills me.. trimming to safe $800.. my heads spinning.. and now I hate storms 💥
Thanks for all the feedback 🙏👍
I cannot believe the prices they want to drop that tree. I used to drop Fir Trees when I lived in Washington State some up to 120 feet+. If there is not enough room to drop the tree it can be taken down a few feet at a time. The prices you are being quoted is highway robbery. License bonded and insured tree service is payed for the whole year not just for your property. Getting rid of the tree is no problem. Chain saw to cut it up into rounds and chipper for for the branches. If priced right people with woodstoves will beat a path to your door. Same with the mulch. See lots of signs here in Idaho for free wood, free mulch, you haul.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you own the guys house after those injuries. Some people never learn how dangerous a falling limb can be. Here in Idaho you can cut off any branches hanging over your property that You determine a danger to you and yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom