Another article on tomato shortage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot believe the prices they want to drop that tree. I used to drop Fir Trees when I lived in Washington State some up to 120 feet+. If there is not enough room to drop the tree it can be taken down a few feet at a time. The prices you are being quoted is highway robbery. License bonded and insured tree service is payed for the whole year not just for your property. Getting rid of the tree is no problem. Chain saw to cut it up into rounds and chipper for for the branches. If priced right people with woodstoves will beat a path to your door. Same with the mulch. See lots of signs here in Idaho for free wood, free mulch, you haul.
Heck I had to wheel and deal for the $3k… the $2500 guy was door to door AND initially started at $3800!! Told him already have a $3K .. the 1st one out started at $5K and I about choked. 😳 Heck I would give wood away but this isn’t Idaho.. unfortunately.. no market without me splitting and delivering.. and told Maple = nope.. I wish your comment pertained to Oklahoma, but different worlds..

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you own the guys house after those injuries. Some people never learn how dangerous a falling limb can be. Here in Idaho you can cut off any branches hanging over your property that You determine a danger to you and yours.

I trimmed the tree up the property line once already. Problem is this branch broke off closer to the trunk and flipped off some lower branches into my yard -- onto me. Lawyers are working on just that. If I have my way my medical will be paid the rest of my life -- and that tree will be cut off at ground level.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I trimmed the tree up the property line once already. Problem is this branch broke off closer to the trunk and flipped off some lower branches into my yard -- onto me. Lawyers are working on just that. If I have my way my medical will be paid the rest of my life -- and that tree will be cut off at ground level.
Best wishes gurl friend .

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck I had to wheel and deal for the $3k… the $2500 guy was door to door AND initially started at $3800!! Told him already have a $3K .. the 1st one out started at $5K and I about choked. 😳 Heck I would give wood away but this isn’t Idaho.. unfortunately.. no market without me splitting and delivering.. and told Maple = nope.. I wish your comment pertained to Oklahoma, but different worlds..
You ae right distance is a problem.
Yes I wish it was Idaho and your problem would be solved. Have you tried to call a Stihl Chainsaw dealer maybe they could put you in touch with a reasonable and honest person/company for cheap. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom