Another crazy price increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at a water distiller for the home a few months back, and the safe is quite likely imported. container freight has exploded from $4000 a container to $24000 to $30,000 per container and the service motto for the container shipped is……… you will get it when you get it no shut up!,

Not much of a slogan but that is the new slogan.
Yep, it’s making shipping by airplane cost effective on some orders.

So many train wrecks piling up, and costing some other pile up, and making costs skyrocket. I was going to place an order for a project. Wasn’t worth the cost and wait.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple months back an old school flip lens welding helmet was $20 at ace, Same helmet now $32, so they upped the price just because. It was the SAME helmet as in the same I looked at months ago.
They most likely didn't up the price "just because." As a friend of mine in retail explained it to me years ago, what he paid for a widget doesn't matter as much as what it'll cost him to buy the next one. If, f'rinstance, Ace paid $14 for the helmet, but it will cost them $23 to replace it, why should they sell it for $20?

And y'all are acting like prices don't normally go up at the start of the year. Hell, anyone who's spent any time even peripherally associated with the business side of firearms knows that most, if not all, shooting-related company raise their prices after the SHOT Show like clockwork.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am at that point, its food an necessities ONLY for a while save that money to put in the market when it hits bottom, I will tell you right now the economy is in recession and we just havent realized it. But that free money the government pumped in is almost gone for many,
Yep, Monday doesn’t look pretty already. Reality is slowing setting in, people just don’t want to believe what is right in front of their face!
DD0DF4E7-D819-4F22-9B05-98BA757BC634.jpeg

Tech stocks are already in correction territory.

1A12251D-093B-4F3B-94FD-A801A5F0CCAA.png

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gallon bottled distilled water has doubled in the last 90 days. The gun safe I bought the last week in December is now $500 more.
I made a distiller out of an old pressure cooker and copper tubing. I found that the 65 cent gallon of distilled water at Walmart went up to over $1.20 (basically doubled) from the last time I bought water at Walmart. There are a lot of videos on how to make a distiller on youtube and elsewhere.
DIY homemade pressure cooker distilled water - YouTube

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sad times for sure but we will get thru it again. My first house in 1980 was a $45k VA loan with 12% interest. Never thought we would have a President dumber than Jimmy Carter yet here we are.
The sweet part of this deal is the idiots like my niece who voted against Trump and not for Biden now get to reap what they sow. Her and her dreamer husband just graduated with Masters degrees in Dumbass and got their first after college jobs counseling the other poor entitled weaklings society has raised. When the take home is about half of gross it is sweet to see the look on their faces. As for me, I get about 70% of my base pay in retirement monthly and just got a $300 net COLA increase. Maybe I’ll loan them some money at about 20% or take that new car off their hands for the payoff when they realize it cost too much to drive.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The better half started using order online pick up @store just so that she's not out in public anymore than need be. We do NOT like giving wally our $, but in our best interest we buckled. The last order the store was out of pasta. Well on my way home from work I stopped elsewhere and like a ammo score I might have bought a little bit of pasta.

Latest posts

Top Bottom